• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

A reliable 1911....

Anyone remember many years ago a company called Cylinder and Slide. They would take your 1911 or Browning hi- power and convert it. The hammer remained down until you dropped the safety. The movement of the safety brought the hammer all the way back.

45acp was, is, and due to physics and human limitations always will be the most capable pistol round for killing and hurting humans. It allows for extremely fast and safe shooting with unreplicated poit ability. Nothing else comes close, so most of race guns are 1911 based. Sig Custom Shop produces some of the best ever 1911, just stunning.

Just now coming across this thread, and thought I'd weigh in: My (currently) one and only 1911 is a govt-sized, stainless, Springfield Mil-Spec, NM serial number, that was LNIB when I got it via an ad here on the ODT, from an Army captain down here on Ft Benning.
I've run steel, aluminum, and brass cased, US,Euro and Russian, FMJ's, JHP's and some old lightweight mil-surp lead wadcutter target rounds, and after about 700 rounds, in both slow and rapid fire, with (intentionally) very inconsistent cleaning, it's never glitched once.
The damn thing shoots like a laser beam, and I'm pretty sure my buddy likes it better than his beloved Gold Cup.
That is all. :becky:

I have been thinking about trying one one of these $400 Glocky wonders but I can't find one, is it a myth?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom