• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

A Review Of Some Louisiana Hot Sauces

Tazz

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
Slayer of Spiders...
133   0
Reaction score
This past weekend @WyldeDime very generously sent me a package containing five different flavors of Louisiana brand hot sauces. We had been discussing our favorite sauces in a thread about them and I had said I really liked Texas Pete's jalapeno sauce but I've only found it online. Well, he said to PM my address and he'd send me a bottle of the Louisiana brand jalapeno sauce. Man was I surprised when the box arrived and I found five different flavors in there! Jalapeno, Red Chili, Roasted Garlic, Chipotle & Habanero.
Yall bear with me cause I'm not a pro food critic, first off I tried each one with a meal of Santa Fe style red beans and rice. First up is the red chili, to me it went with the meal the best kinda like how a fine wine goes with a certain type meal. It was a little spicy but not real hot but had a great taste, I really liked this one. Next up is the roasted garlic sauce, it had a real good taste too and the garlic taste came through really good and I love garlic and it wasn't real hot. Next is the chipotle sauce, now this one had a little bite to it but not over powering and it tasted great, I think this one would go great on tacos & burritos. Next is the jalapeno sauce, this one was really similar to the Texas Pete sauce that I like so much. It wasn't real hot but it had the perfect jalapeno flavor to it so that one is my favorite even though the red chili sauce went best with this particular meal. Last but certainly not the least (pun intended lol) is the habanero sauce, now I don't generally like really hot peppers because the heat usually over powers the actual flavor of the pepper and the food I eat it with but this one wasn't like that at all. It was hot though but I could still taste the flavor of it and I could still taste my beans and rice too so I was pleasantly surprised by that. I've tried other brands of habanero sauces and didn't care too much for em' because they were too hot and I couldn't taste anything but the freakin' heat from it, then I had to drink a bunch of milk or eat ice cream to calm the heat down and milk products and hot sauces don't sit well on my stomach the next morning if you know what I mean. Lol! So there ya have it, I hope this helps folks decide if they want to try Louisiana brand hot sauces. I highly recommend these flavors and this brand, I already liked their regular hot sauce before this but now I have five new flavors that I'll definitely be keeping on hand for when I want to put some hot sauce on something and it turns out I like hot sauce on all kinds of stuff! Oh yeah, one more thing, I had a beer with the meal too and these sauces go good with beer too. Before anybody asks I don't drink a lot of alcohol so I'm not a beer snob, I like my cheap Miller High Life in a glass bottle. Lol
IMG_4209.JPG

Oh, I would like to thank @WyldeDime for so generously turning me on to these sauces. I really was only looking for one bottle of the Jalapeno sauce. See now THIS is one of the reasons I like this site so much, @WyldeDime has never even met me in person but he was so kind to send those sauces for me to try and REFUSED to let me pay him for them or even reimburse the shipping fee. There are a lot of good people on this site like him, just look at the way folks come together to help people they've never even met when the chips are down. There's auctions going right now to help out one of our member's brother and his daughter. You ain't gonna find people like that consistently coming together for one another anywhere else as far as I know. God Bless all of the "GOOD GUYS" here, the rest of ya can kiss my old pale ass! Bwahahaha!!!

I wish you could find them in the stores.....I'm going to try to remember to start looking for them. ....thanks TAZZ &wyldedime
I'm pretty sure I've seen some of these in the Little Giant grocery store down the road from my house so I would think most of the major grocery stores would have some too. And you're welcome my friend.

This past weekend @WyldeDime very generously sent me a package containing five different flavors of Louisiana brand hot sauces. We had been discussing our favorite sauces in a thread about them and I had said I really liked Texas Pete's jalapeno sauce but I've only found it online. Well, he said to PM my address and he'd send me a bottle of the Louisiana brand jalapeno sauce. Man was I surprised when the box arrived and I found five different flavors in there! Jalapeno, Red Chili, Roasted Garlic, Chipotle & Habanero.
Yall bear with me cause I'm not a pro food critic, first off I tried each one with a meal of Santa Fe style red beans and rice. First up is the red chili, to me it went with the meal the best kinda like how a fine wine goes with a certain type meal. It was a little spicy but not real hot but had a great taste, I really liked this one. Next up is the roasted garlic sauce, it had a real good taste too and the garlic taste came through really good and I love garlic and it wasn't real hot. Next is the chipotle sauce, now this one had a little bite to it but not over powering and it tasted great, I think this one would go great on tacos & burritos. Next is the jalapeno sauce, this one was really similar to the Texas Pete sauce that I like so much. It wasn't real hot but it had the perfect jalapeno flavor to it so that one is my favorite even though the red chili sauce went best with this particular meal. Last but certainly not the least (pun intended lol) is the habanero sauce, now I don't generally like really hot peppers because the heat usually over powers the actual flavor of the pepper and the food I eat it with but this one wasn't like that at all. It was hot though but I could still taste the flavor of it and I could still taste my beans and rice too so I was pleasantly surprised by that. I've tried other brands of habanero sauces and didn't care too much for em' because they were too hot and I couldn't taste anything but the freakin' heat from it, then I had to drink a bunch of milk or eat ice cream to calm the heat down and milk products and hot sauces don't sit well on my stomach the next morning if you know what I mean. Lol! So there ya have it, I hope this helps folks decide if they want to try Louisiana brand hot sauces. I highly recommend these flavors and this brand, I already liked their regular hot sauce before this but now I have five new flavors that I'll definitely be keeping on hand for when I want to put some hot sauce on something and it turns out I like hot sauce on all kinds of stuff! Oh yeah, one more thing, I had a beer with the meal too and these sauces go good with beer too. Before anybody asks I don't drink a lot of alcohol so I'm not a beer snob, I like my cheap Miller High Life in a glass bottle. Lol
View attachment 1256233
I Bet all dem are Deelishious!!! I picked up some TexasPete "Hotter" sauce today ; dumped 1/4 bottle in a half'a bag (big bag) of Ruffles. Eat every one. DietCheatDay is over foe da week

I wish you could find them in the stores.....I'm going to try to remember to start looking for them. ....thanks TAZZ &wyldedime
Now I do remember seeing different flavors in the grocery store for sure. WyldeDime posted pics in that thread about "what's your favorite" of several other sauces.

Thanks.

I Bet all dem are Deelishious!!! I picked up some TexasPete "Hotter" sauce today ; dumped 1/4 bottle in a half'a bag (big bag) of Ruffles. Eat every one. DietCheatDay is over foe da week
They were really good, I was impressed.

so which is your favorite?
It's a toss up between the Jalapeno & Red Chili sauce.

Back
Top Bottom