• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

A Sign of the Times?? California Senate Passes Bill Requiring Permit to Buy Ammo

Shadowop7

Default rank <1500 posts
ODT Junkie!
146   0
Reaction score
Once again, Sacramento proves that to go really over-the-top, you’ve got to go to Democrat California:
The California Senate this week approved a collection of bills, including one (SB 53) that would require background checks, permits, and fees for the purchase of ammunition.
All ammunition sales would have to be face-to-face, happening only in the presence of a store clerk; and vendors selling the bullets would have to submit sales records to the California Department of Justice. Those vendors also would need a permit to sell ammunition.
Kira Davis notes that SB 53 also “requires background checks and a $50 ammo purchase fee.”
It wasn’t that long ago that I saw Dick Durbin on one of the Sunday shows, with the stuff-eating grin on his face, joked about taxing bullets until they cost a hundred or a thousand dollars apiece. Which I could find that video, but no one seems to have grabbed it.
So if you think something like this can happen only in California — think again.

Stephen Green began blogging at VodkaPundit.com in early 2002, and has served as PJMedia's Denver editor since 2008. He's one of the hosts on PJTV, and one-third of PJTV's Trifecta team with Scott Ott and Bill Whittle. Steve lives with his wife and sons in the hills and woods of Monument, Colorado, where he enjoys the occasional lovely adult beverage.

Cali is bankrupt. They have had a MASS exodus of taxpayers and a MASS influx of tax eaters the last 20 years. They have to get money somewhere.

well if it passes... I have just found my retirement plan. I bet the gang bangers would be interested in reloading classes. hmmmm

Insane how they think the Gangbangers and criminals go to stores and purchase guns and bullets and are concerned about abiding by some new law when they already illegally get their things by stealing what they want.

Back
Top Bottom