• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

A slight change in tune of my opinion on the 380.

The problem with most 380 ammo is that it frequently won't actually penetrate enough to cause fatal injury, much less effectively stop the attack.

And this is why I got out of .380...I was stacking fmj's in the mags along with HP's. It seemed a bit ridiculous.

This new ammo results is why I just bought a 380. LOL!

Yeah it sounds like a great round. And I have also been considering another .380...I would like to see these same ballistics results with a 115 gr projectile.

New loads and specs are great, but still won't get me to give up my 38 Special pocket gun.

I love my .38+p j frame because it has a shrouded hammer and I can shoot it from my pocket without even drawing it, if I absolutely had to. Hammerless/shrouded is the only way to go for me, if I'm carrying a snub revolver, because it will fire regardless of just about anything. It is also very concealable.

When you get to the bottom line and don't figure in the manufactures claims and the voo doo magic rounds the 380 is about half the energy of a 9 MM, but plenty enough with modern self defense ammo to provide protection.
its more powerful than the 25 and 32 acp that was/has been used for decades in many countries as defense, hell the law enforcement even carry (carried) it in many countries with less than a modern ammo.
I have no exact count but in 30 plus years of working inside the Atlanta ghettos I honestly can't remember a single 380 shooting that did not have adequate penetration, even the ones that struck bone bounced off and did damage.
never remember anyone shot saying man that sure felt good wish they had shot me a few more times.
can't say that about the 25 acp or the 22 LR.
but at the end of the day everyone has to make their own decisions.
personally again I am not an FBI agent or secret agent so don't need to meet these (Partial) FBI requirements myself.

Back
Top Bottom