• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

A solar powered shipping-container farm yields the annual equivalent of three to five acres?

good quality green house is a lot cheaper and will do the same thing
Raised beds, high tunnels, greenhouses, are the way agricultural, at, least smaller scale, locally grown ag will progress in the future. Easier to mitigate weather conditions, predict yields, control weeds and pests without heavy reliance on chemicals. I have been inspired by the work of Jean-Martin Fortier to begin conversion to this type of system in the coming years.

Raised beds, high tunnels, greenhouses, are the way agricultural, at, least smaller scale, locally grown ag will progress in the future. Easier to mitigate weather conditions, predict yields, control weeds and pests without heavy reliance on chemicals. I have been inspired by the work of Jean-Martin Fortier to begin conversion to this type of system in the coming years.
Horsehat your close to me , pm me some time I will show you my place , it will give you some good ideas

check out the Nolts raised bed maker , you have to have a tractor but that thing is the bomb.

www.noltsproducesupplies.net

you can grow, water cress. kale , sunflower micro greens , and any of the red or purple lettuce has a lot of nutrients , with a little research and planning its surprising what can be grown in a small space , I been doing it for years, A few guys from here can tell you how much I grow in a small space @DinkyDau

Excellent. I'm not knocking dense growth gardens; I'm just saying that these guys' claims are not realistic. You can replace SOME "three acres", but not _every_ three acres. Soybeans, rice, wheat-- they ain't gonna save the world with containers. But very cool for what it is-- we'd all like more locally-grown produce.

I'll have to check into something other than "iceberg" lettuce, too.

Excellent. I'm not knocking dense growth gardens; I'm just saying that these guys' claims are not realistic. You can replace SOME "three acres", but not _every_ three acres. Soybeans, rice, wheat-- they ain't gonna save the world with containers. But very cool for what it is-- we'd all like more locally-grown produce.

I'll have to check into something other than "iceberg" lettuce, too.
Iceburg has no value but some of the other ones are really good for you and no you can not grow rice wheat of beans in a small area and get much from it , kuduman kuduman this is some of what I grow
lettuce.jpg

Back
Top Bottom