• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

A special thanks to you guys. You are trully an amazing group of guys.

NWSharpshooter

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
563   0
Reaction score
Now that I am feeling more like myself (and the double vision is going away) I wanted to take a moment to thank you guys. The love and concern you guys showed me and my family through this ordeal has been amazing.

I have never met most of you, and those of you who I have it was for a very brief moment, and money was changing hands.

I read the posts from you all in the threads about me the day I got out of the hospital, and let me tell you, you guys actually made me cry. The posts and PMs were amazing, and those of you who have my number and have called to check on me have really touched my heart, Heck CCW even sent me a text message while I was in the hospital (I didn't get it until I was out because they wouldn't let me have my phone), but it was there none the less when I got out and powered the old phone up.

Some of you have sent money to help my family out during this trying time. I wish I knew who you all are. Those of you who sent paypal, I know your names, but not your screen names. I wish I had a better memory, but I don't.

Mathew Puckett
Bill Maxwell
Greg Kuvin
Ray Helton
Justin Meyer
Jason Horton

You guys are saints. The financial help to my family means so much more than you will ever know.

Jeff Smith (Sunnydale Slim) I got your check in the mail yesterday. I cannot believe your generosity.

I was working on a movie set one night and just passed out while talking to somebody. They took me to the hospital and found that my head was so full of blood, they could not tell what was wrong with me except I had a head full of blood. It took them two weeks to drain the blood down enough to find the aneurysm. They preformed emergency surgery the next morning to clip to aneurysm and stop the flow of blood. A week later the blood was still causing problems in my head so they preformed emergency surgery again and installed a shunt in my skull to drain off the blood and regulate pressure.

Through this all, the doctors were telling my family that there was a good chance I could die, and a very likely chance I would have brain damage. My family had to accept the fact that I would probably spend the next year of my life in the hospital and rehab, and that I would never be able to live a normal life again. My wife had to accept that she would spend the rest of her life supporting me, and carring for me, since I would not be capable of doing either myself.

Something amazing happend. A week after the shunt surgery I was doing well enough that the hospital discharged me to a rehab hospital. The doctors said that I was a miracle, couldn't believe how well I was doing. They told me that after about 6 months of rehab, I should be ready to return home to GA. However, as the pain medicine and other drugs they had had me on wore off, I became more and more normal. The rehab hospital discharged me 4 days after I was admitted. Again, the doctors said I was a miracle, and I went home to GA 28 days after I was initially admitted into the hospital.

When I got home I was set up for all kinds of out patient rehab, and follow ups, and etc. I spent 30 min in outpatient rehab before they told me I had no reason to be there, and they discontinued my outpatient rehab. All the doctors I went to, couldn't believe I was 10-15 days post op, and 1 by 1 they all released me from future visits. At this point, the only doctor I am still seeing is a nuerologist I am supposed to see on the 18th, and he is more than likely going to take me off the last of my drugs and release me to return to full capacity.

I tell you all this, because I am truly blessed. There is no way to deny it. I should be laying in a hospital room right now with a tracheotomy, eating through a feeding tube, while the bank back here in GA prepared to take my house...which I wouldn't even understand. I don't know if you all are Christian or not, but there is no way....NO WAY, I should me sitting in my dining room right now typing this out except for the glory of God. I don't know that I believed in miracles before this, but there is no way I can deny this miracle.

For some reason, God has chosen me to glorify himself. I don't believe he saved me because he has some be plan for me, or expects anything from me, I believe he chose me to glorify himself. Maybe it was the power of prayer, or maybe it was just him showing how cool he really is.

The point is, those of you who have helped my family financially, have helped in the glory. You helped relieve stress, that to be honest with you, I don't have the capacity to handle right now. For that act of kindness, I will never be able to repay you. I have never been so moved as to have total strangers send me money....just because. I can't believe that your act of kindness went unnoticed by god.

Anyway, I'll stop my blabbing before I start crying again. You guys are amazing, and I love you all.

Oh, and Byrd.....when the heck or we going to go for that boat ride?

Last edited:
Glad to be reading this post.

I wish you the best for a continued recovery.

Miracles don't occur every day. After reading the details of your story, I think we've all witnessed one.

Continued prayers.

Back
Top Bottom