• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

A stretch but, anyone have access to Ford microfiche? ** Aka how to diy you an ugly fan shroud

harrycalahan

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
116   0
Reaction score
Trying to find the oem part# for a fan shroud in a 77 E150 5.8 with factory air. I checked with two dealerships including Allan Vigil and they only go back to 1980. Its a stretch but I thought Id try.

Try FO3110123
That one shows for later models.
Or maybe it's this: E5TZ8146H
Not sure about this one.
Again, this could be it but its a guessing game. I asked the guy at Allan vigil if they used the same shroud in the E series as the F series since its essentially the same drivetrain. He said they were different at least from 1980 on. So they were probably different in 77 too.
Also for later models.

I currently have a shroud that fits my 30x21” radiator. That radiator needs rodded out which costs $125. I can get an aluminum rad for $168 but it is the standard 26x19” rad. I dont need the extra capacity of the 30” rad so I was hoping to run across a shroud to fit the standard rad.

If I had time Id fiberglass my own from a junkyard shroud to make it fit. But I dont have time right now so i was hoping to find a direct bolt on.

Is adding an electric fan an option ?
Can do away with the original fan and shroud if so.
Dual electrics would run me around $400 Im guessing plus adding a larger alternator. Its got a new severe duty fan clutch that operates good so Id like to keep this setup. I swung by the radiator shop and he said $150 to rod it out but was uncertain about the condition of my core. So I think Im going to hit up a vintage salvage yard tomorrow to find a shroud close enough to modify and make the smaller new radiator work.

You found a radiator shop? I’ll wager they will want to sell you a new one... which may be the best way to go, IMHO. Call 1800radiator for the best price on a nw rad. I used the , best price on rads and complete ac systems

Back
Top Bottom