• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

A stretch but, anyone have access to Ford microfiche? ** Aka how to diy you an ugly fan shroud

You found a radiator shop? I’ll wager they will want to sell you a new one... which may be the best way to go, IMHO. Call 1800radiator for the best price on a nw rad. I used the , best price on rads and complete ac systems
Got a guy 5 mins from the house. Had him rod out one for me 10-12 years ago. Still cools. Peach of a nice guy and not a pushy salesman. He knew right where I was coming from and the pickle Im in. A new one is the best way to go but I have to have a shroud. Dont want to order a rad until I have my hands on one.

The shroud is different from an E series to an F series even though the running gear is 98% the same. Post the vin or the last 8. I would expect you are going to be perusing the junkyards as this one will be long obsolete. Be aware some of the difference between part numbers on similar models can be as simple as a notch in the side. How much shroud do you have left?

I made one out of aluminum sheet metal, back in the day
We've heavily modified fiberglass shrouds before to make them more efficient and/or fit models they weren't designed for. Its cheap but it takes time to form everything up. Looks like I might be doing another...

The shroud is different from an E series to an F series even though the running gear is 98% the same. Post the vin or the last 8. I would expect you are going to be perusing the junkyards as this one will be long obsolete. Be aware some of the difference between part numbers on similar models can be as simple as a notch in the side. How much shroud do you have left?
E14HHY00906. Got more shroud than I need and I don't want to cut this one down in case I need it later on.

Just have the local radiator shop recore your existing rad
If it’s original, it will be copper core and brass tanks

All the new ones will be aluminum core and plastic tanks
And The one you get from 1-800 places will be a universal rad that may or may not fit your vehicle and they won’t accept it back for a refund

Been thru that with a 72 Chevy

But if you do go to a vintage salvage yard
Take some pics of the cool inventory

I have had very good luck with the all aluminum rads. There are units that are 100% OEM fit that use all the OEM attach points and hardware. Price is about half of the brass or plastic tank rads. Silla is the brand I use most.

Just have the local radiator shop recore your existing rad
If it’s original, it will be copper core and brass tanks

All the new ones will be aluminum core and plastic tanks
And The one you get from 1-800 places will be a universal rad that may or may not fit your vehicle and they won’t accept it back for a refund

Been thru that with a 72 Chevy

But if you do go to a vintage salvage yard
Take some pics of the cool inventory
I dont think you know the cost of re-coring. I could buy two all aluminum rads for the cost of re-coring this one. The one I got is a direct fit.

I wont be going to the yard after all. By some wild stroke of luck, I actually found a shroud in my pile yesterday. Its an inch off on the height and not deep enough but fan hole size is right on and I can fix the rest with fiberglass.

Back
Top Bottom