• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

A Tale of Two Crush Washers, or Two Crush Washers One Barrel, and other AR oddities

20210330_151907.jpg
This was a problem though. Squib load in a Glock 17. Lucky enough it didn't go out of the chamber ( probably just a Primer load, no powder) so it couldn't chamber the next round.

"Ammo max" was the company but it happens to everyone, eventually.

ok, i took mine down. there are no buffer retainer pins in honey badgers.
Didn't realize that. Guess similar to running JP SCS. Odd that there is the hole there for it.

I've not broken down or owned a honey Badger. Mainly due to my dislike of 300 black.

View attachment 3195352 This was a problem though. Squib load in a Glock 17. Lucky enough it didn't go out of the chamber ( probably just a Primer load, no powder) so it couldn't chamber the next round.

"Ammo max" was the company but it happens to everyone, eventually.
Had a squib in an AR. Bullet stopped barely past the gas port, so chambered the next round. Luckily, the barrel held up to the next round. Barrel was toast and the GB split apart, but I walked away without a single scratch.

Had a squib in an AR. Bullet stopped barely past the gas port, so chambered the next round. Luckily, the barrel held up to the next round. Barrel was toast and the GB split apart, but I walked away without a single scratch.

Lucky, I have only had one myself, and caught it before the next round was fired.

Here is a "just as good".... factory fresh Q, Honey Badger... it's missing something.... I just want to know how it test fired?
View attachment 3195107

The buffer retainer is not required for the weapon to function. It’s only purpose is to aid in disassembly and assembly. Many folks, and some manufacturers, intentionally leave them out.

Back
Top Bottom