• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

A Tale of Two Crush Washers, or Two Crush Washers One Barrel, and other AR oddities

Bless their heart.

Had a nice couple come in today with a partially "assembled" lower that they had attempted to put together. They finally tapped out and brought it in.

Fire control group, pivot pin, mag release, and pistol grip were installed.

Hammer spring was in backwards. I removed and reinstalled properly.

Mag release button was in backwards. I removed and reinstalled properly.

The safety was not functioning as it should. Pulled the pistol grip off to check it. They had not installed the detent or spring. However, they had installed the buffer detent spring inside the threaded hole for the grip screw, then run the grip screw into it.

The front pivot pin was correctly installed. Arguably one of the most difficult assemblies to install correctly on an AR, and it was done correctly! I gave them mad props for that.

I properly assembled the entire lower for them, and gave them a little discount to compensate for my chuckles.

How the hell could you not put a lower together. I guess their are people with absolutely no mechanical understanding. God bless em!

They didn't attempt to watch a video, or read a tutorial, nor did they have an example to follow. Basically, they started shoving parts where they fit.

Bless their heart.

Had a nice couple come in today with a partially "assembled" lower that they had attempted to put together. They finally tapped out and brought it in.

Fire control group, pivot pin, mag release, and pistol grip were installed.

Hammer spring was in backwards. I removed and reinstalled properly.

Mag release button was in backwards. I removed and reinstalled properly.

The safety was not functioning as it should. Pulled the pistol grip off to check it. They had not installed the detent or spring. However, they had installed the buffer detent spring inside the threaded hole for the grip screw, then run the grip screw into it.

The front pivot pin was correctly installed. Arguably one of the most difficult assemblies to install correctly on an AR, and it was done correctly! I gave them mad props for that.

I properly assembled the entire lower for them, and gave them a little discount to compensate for my chuckles.
Please tell me the detent spring inside the grip screw hole was the first time you've seen that! :rofl:

Back
Top Bottom