• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

A Tale of Two Crush Washers, or Two Crush Washers One Barrel, and other AR oddities

Just because it fits doesn’t mean that it goes there.

This is a pic that I got elsewhere. A 5.56 flash hider was installed on a 9mm because the thread pattern was the same. 3 rounds were fired, with this as the result.View attachment 3960823
Thats what she said

F064A7B7-FD6A-4AF5-BF1D-A52E54FCDA83.jpeg

What happened when you drop your BCG on a hard surface, and it lands on the gas key.

Replaced the gas key with a new one, using Michigun’s OCKS, and properly staked them.

On top of being damaged, in typical Fail Zero fashion the screws were not properly torqued or staked.

I can‘t understand how someone would do this, consider it adequate, and charge someone for it.

First pic is not mine, but it is of a receiver endplate “stake” done for the owner at a local gun shop.

B8C54FDF-82C2-4E53-8A34-2F9070A914F8.jpeg

This pic is an example of a recent stake that I did.

0B005A85-90D9-4741-B9F9-738EFC5E7CBA.jpeg

Huge difference, not only in actual security, but in appearance. I’m definitely a “function over form” sort of guy, but if a job can be rock solid AND attractive, that’s the method I’ll use every time.

Just because it fits doesn’t mean that it goes there.

This is a pic that I got elsewhere. A 5.56 flash hider was installed on a 9mm because the thread pattern was the same. 3 rounds were fired, with this as the result.View attachment 3960823
Someone so dumb that they can’t figure out that 9mm is a larger diameter than 556!

Back
Top Bottom