• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

A Tale of Two Crush Washers, or Two Crush Washers One Barrel, and other AR oddities

Barrel was fine. The gas port in the gas block was drilled into the wrong end of the gas block.
If I had to guess from a manufacturing standpoint I’d wager the hole for the roll pin is drilled on the wrong end. Operator misloaded the part between machining operations drilling the port, drilling hole for roll pin

Another good one from S&W.

Forward assist was installed in the wrong position, approximately 90 degrees from the proper orientation.

Wouldn’t have mattered if it had been oriented properly, because they drove the pin into the main body of the FA itself, trapping it.

Inspect your new AR BEFORE you leave the store with it. While this issue should never have happened at the factory, the buyer should have caught it before making their purchase.

F67C23EE-D537-4D5F-AAC0-6775404BC114.jpeg
0F631ADF-6561-4C09-8819-0EE66969FEC6.jpeg

Don’t buy Chinese parts.

Customer brought in an upper with a live round stuck in the chamber. Wouldn’t go into battery far enough to fire, and wouldn’t extract.

I applied the necessary force to clear the round from the chamber. I’ve performed similar actions on quality charging handles and never had this happen.

C9A2141B-7C4F-48E6-931B-8337194B513F.jpeg

Don’t buy Chinese parts.

Customer brought in an upper with a live round stuck in the chamber. Wouldn’t go into battery far enough to fire, and wouldn’t extract.

I applied the necessary force to clear the round from the chamber. I’ve performed similar actions on quality charging handles and never had this happen.

View attachment 4336686
But haven't you heard? Jest AZ guud!

Don’t buy Chinese parts.

View attachment 4336686
Marines break everything...:)

Don’t buy Chinese parts.

View attachment 4336686
Saving some monies with wish. Lol

Back
Top Bottom