• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

A year from now you may wish you had started today

BigMike BigMike lftd&pwrstrok'n lftd&pwrstrok'n

Do either of you have an account with Cash App, PayPal, Robinhood, Venmo, or Webull? If so you can purchase crypto in the apps themselves. That's probably the simplest way but be mindful that the offerings on these platforms are very limited and not transferable off-platform making them more like an IOU.

Cash App is the one exception here. Bitcoin (BTC) is the only offering available but you can move it off of Cash App to another exchange like Coinbase or to another wallet. All the different US-based exchanges have pretty similar know-your-customer (KYC) and anti-money laundering (AML) requirements so if you've already got an account with one of the above, the sign-up process for one of the exchanges shouldn't be a huge hurdle.

That's the quick and dirty of it and anything beyond that is really dictated by how much time and money you plan on investing.

BigMike BigMike lftd&pwrstrok'n lftd&pwrstrok'n

Do either of you have an account with Cash App, PayPal, Robinhood, Venmo, or Webull? If so you can purchase crypto in the apps themselves. That's probably the simplest way but be mindful that the offerings on these platforms are very limited and not transferable off-platform making them more like an IOU.

Cash App is the one exception here. Bitcoin (BTC) is the only offering available but you can move it off of Cash App to another exchange like Coinbase or to another wallet. All the different US-based exchanges have pretty similar know-your-customer (KYC) and anti-money laundering (AML) requirements so if you've already got an account with one of the above, the sign-up process for one of the exchanges shouldn't be a huge hurdle.

That's the quick and dirty of it and anything beyond that is really dictated by how much time and money you plan on investing.
So thats how to buy. How do you sell it back for cash in hand, not an IOU or some other electronic currency?

In the app, just the same. Sell it and transfer the funds back to whichever bank account you have linked.

Be aware that during times of extreme volatility, the different platforms can have a tendency to crash, blocking you out. It's a pain to set-up and keep track of but that is why it's beneficial to have multiple on/off ramps for this stuff.

And how does one invest to start with? Im crypto dumb
Thank you I was about to ask the same question. From the onset I have not understood how do I “buy” crypto? I cannot get it through Edward Jones or E*trade or Merrill , at least I don’t think that I can like I but bonds, or stocks or etf etc.

i really don’t understand what it is , how it’s “mined” or how it has liquidity.

in for more answers. Thanks

TheGman TheGman

It is my understanding that you need to at least be an accredited investor to have access to the few places that might offer cryptocurrency, but that's above my pay-grade.

It was told me to only invest unspent beer money in crypto. The returns look good on paper but getting the money out is not a simple task. Some places take it, but its always been just murky enough to scare me off.

Back
Top Bottom