• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

A year from now you may wish you had started today

I’m on the fence on crypto (securing my $ specifically). However, one can’t help to see the erosion of the USD due to over producing it, foreign countries no longer trading commodities with the USD, etc. I saw a stat that if true is alarming..”40% of the $ that the fed reserve has ever printed has been printed in the last 12 months”.
Why we left Nixon (or Ford?) take us off of the gold standard & liquidate the gold is beyond me.

A close friend of mine hopped on cripto and after around 2 months later, somehow purchased a 2021 Dodge 2500 free and clear.

Now he’s put a lot more on the line and ended up selling the truck back to the dealership for $2k more then he purchased it for and left the lot with a Challenger lol

If a person who had no investing experience and had 3-5k to invest now and would have an additional 500-1k per month to invest. What would be the best option for a person in their late 40's?
First thing I'd do get a good guide before you start plunking money down anywhere, no matter whether it's in stocks, crypto, or whatever. I subscribed to a investment recommendation newsletter, and their service has been pretty good so far.

How? You can still buy $100.00 worth of what you want? Just maybe you mean't to say you can't buy the same at the price of a year ago.

No. I meant to say that $100 is worth less today than a year ago. That’s what inflation does to fiat money.
Someone explained inflation to me like this: “Inflation is when you pay $15 for the $10 haircut you used to get for $5, when you had hair.” :lol:

I am sure this crypto thing is just another Bernie Madoff Ponzi thing. We have 11 different crypto threads here in the investing threads, and not one business investment thread.
Just remember the higher the rewards, the more risk there is

Please don't forget the more risk may equal more severe losses if the **** hits the fan.

I am an investor and not a speculator. I need serious business investments to support me until the morgue removes me from Sandy Springs. Most of those investments are in blue-chip stocks and in safe bonds.

Its easier to invest $100 than to come up with $$$$ for a business. My $0.02¢

I am sure this crypto thing is just another Bernie Madoff Ponzi thing. We have 11 different crypto threads here in the investing threads, and not one business investment thread.

Please don't forget the more risk may equal more severe losses if the **** hits the fan.

I am an investor and not a speculator. I need serious business investments to support me until the morgue removes me from Sandy Springs. Most of those investments are in blue-chip stocks and in safe bonds.

Its easier to invest $100 than to come up with $$$$ for a business. My $0.02¢

AK47,
What is your long-term business plan?

It's easier to throw $100 into crypto than invest into your business?

I'm glad Okuma decided to invest his money in this site. This is American entrepreneurship when he rolled over the other existing sites to create one of the best sites in the U.S.A. I've only been here for 9 years but pay him to be a supporter.

None. I don't know how much money Okuma Okuma & Burdy Burdy had to start this awesome forum. Probably more than I'll ever have and I'm glad that their experience has been great. I can easily start a portfolio in investing with a $100. Going to take $$$$$ to start a business.

AK47,
What is your long-term business plan?

It's easier to throw $100 into crypto than invest into your business?

I'm glad Okuma decided to invest his money in this site. This is American entrepreneurship when he rolled over the other existing sites to create one of the best sites in the U.S.A. I've only been here for 9 years but pay him to be a supporter.

None. I don't know how much money Okuma Okuma & Burdy Burdy had to start this awesome forum. Probably more than I'll ever have and I'm glad that their experience has been great. I can easily start a portfolio in investing with a $100. Going to take $$$$$ to start a business.
We got pretty lucky with that, the initial investment was pretty low, we just had timing on our side.

Back
Top Bottom