• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

A year from now you may wish you had started today

I've been invested in stocks, precious metals, traditional retirement accounts, and cryptos. My stocks have greatly disappointed me since January 2021 (guess why). The more I read, the more I see that there is no way in all hell that any of the market is worth what it really is right now. But I'll hold my positions, no sense in selling now at a loss.
My precious metals are also disappointing me, I feel those markets are being manipulated. I'm ahead, but not by any amount worth bragging over.
However, I have made very good money in crypto investing. You guys who don't understand it call it gambling, but if I am educated and informed and make a conscious decision to place my hard earned money into something that I feel will provide me a better return, than that to me is investing. And, it has paid off, in spades.
As the new year evolves, I watch this stuff daily and am ready to make any moves necessary to shift my cryptos from one to another should I see warning signs of a major dip. That, my friends is investing/trading. Not gambling.

I have some money tied up in crypto and stocks. I will be honest my theory has been just random investments and so far I've done pretty good. I have not invested anything I couldn't afford to lose. I would love to find away to educate myself so that what I am doing is smart and not lucky. I don't even know where to begin with stocks and crypto is a whole new deal.

Investing in a business. I would love to invest into a business. I would love to put some cash into a business that would allow me to be independent of my 7:30 - 4:30. Unfortunately I don't have a dream or a plan. I just know that if I invest the time I spend on gun forums into something productive I should be in a different spot.

Yesterday I went to a funeral of man who I have worked for his some for 20+ years. I told my bosses kids that Ive watched grow up and start families that I was still there. I am too dumb to play the stock market, too scared to start my own business and unlucky enough to hit the lottery.

But the thing is, how does one know what company is worth investing in? All these companies look good on paper, and can have a good following. Some people are bearish investors and others can be bullish. I'll use Whiting Petroleum for example. I invested in their company, Bought $25 of stock when it was about $1.35 a share. Once the stock started to rise a lot of other people were talking about it. Few months later, they did a split and I lost basically all my investment. Petroleum is a high commodity/neccessary item, but if the company cant weather storms when they come or make great decisions, the holder loses money. So to me, investing is gambling because no stock/company can guarantee their future/survival and you take a risk on hoping that the company can provide you a return, whether its dividends or rising stock prices.

I've been invested in stocks, precious metals, traditional retirement accounts, and cryptos. My stocks have greatly disappointed me since January 2021 (guess why). The more I read, the more I see that there is no way in all hell that any of the market is worth what it really is right now. But I'll hold my positions, no sense in selling now at a loss.
My precious metals are also disappointing me, I feel those markets are being manipulated. I'm ahead, but not by any amount worth bragging over.
However, I have made very good money in crypto investing. You guys who don't understand it call it gambling, but if I am educated and informed and make a conscious decision to place my hard earned money into something that I feel will provide me a better return, than that to me is investing. And, it has paid off, in spades.
As the new year evolves, I watch this stuff daily and am ready to make any moves necessary to shift my cryptos from one to another should I see warning signs of a major dip. That, my friends is investing/trading. Not gambling.

But the thing is, how does one know what company is worth investing in? All these companies look good on paper, and can have a good following. Some people are bearish investors and others can be bullish. I'll use Whiting Petroleum for example. I invested in their company, Bought $25 of stock when it was about $1.35 a share. Once the stock started to rise a lot of other people were talking about it. Few months later, they did a split and I lost basically all my investment. Petroleum is a high commodity/neccessary item, but if the company cant weather storms when they come or make great decisions, the holder loses money. So to me, investing is gambling because no stock/company can guarantee their future/survival and you take a risk on hoping that the company can provide you a return, whether its dividends or rising stock prices.
I'm dumb enough to know there are more people out there, who are way smarter than me, and who know how to properly value a company. So I am happy to pay a small fee and depend on their investment research instead of my own whims. That just usually ends up losing me money...

I hear you.

I'm dumb enough to know there are more people out there, who are way smarter than me, and who know how to properly value a company. So I am happy to pay a small fee and depend on their investment research instead of my own whims. That just usually ends up losing me money...

Back
Top Bottom