• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

AAA Road Service Questions?

Had them for many years as I also traveled for work. Well worth every penny to me. Have been towed a few times and tire changes. One lockout setting at home. Only once out of all times did I think it took way too long. I‘ll keep it.

Used them a bit over the years, changing roadside flat tires for wife and daughter, Jumpstarting cars, bringing new replacement batteries, short haul towing. Not the quickest getting to you, but beats doing it yourself.

Not worth it if you are stranded in a rural area. I just experienced their "service" when they took 3.5 hrs. to send help just outside of Athens. I tried calling the towing company they were sending directly only to find they don't answer the phone. I ended up fixing the car myself and leaving.
2.5 hrs later the local towing service called stating they would be there in 30-45 minutes. Went around and around with aaa customer service for well over an hour. Each time they transferred my call or placed me on hold/ignore. I finally sent emails to the president of the company requesting and receiving a refund of my membership fees. I now use my insurance company plan which may or may not be any better but only costs $20/year for the family instead of $160/year.
Who needs their maps nowadays anyway?

If you travel out of state alot you need to see if AAA is available in those states. Their service is not available in alot of states like Alabama, New York or Jersey, and the Carolinas.

From everything I could find AAA coverage is available in all 50 states. They are broken up into regional 'clubs', but they all have reciprocity with one another.

I have the Premium service for every family member. Hasn't worked yet. After hours of waiting (have to stay with the car), endless phone calls (they eventually send you straight to voicemail), I have ended up just calling a local and paying out of pocket.
I'll keep it for desperate times for my kids, but so far it has been a bust.

Back
Top Bottom