AAA Road Service Questions?

Redneck1919

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
46   0
Reaction score
Good, Bad, Ugly?
Anybody use them?
I am considering signing up with them. I cancelled previous service or rather "no service".
I am no longer in condition to handle breakdown problems, changing tires, etc.
Thanks,
Jim

Works pretty well, although I've only used it a couple of times.

I have heard horror stories about tow trucks that took hours to show up, but the few times I've used them for anything they showed up within an hour.

If you travel out of state alot you need to see if AAA is available in those states. Their service is not available in alot of states like Alabama, New York or Jersey, and the Carolinas.

Worked well for me. Tow trucks can take a bit, used several times. Mom locked keys in her truck at my house, they jimmied it quickly.

NEVER use the tow truck on insurance unless you have had a wreck. Counts as a point on insurance if towed and no wreck.

Can you elaborate, or give example ? I have AAA but never towed.. yet, was considering having my AAA tow one from my house to the tint fella for misc mods since no taxi/uber/lyft service in Elberton to bring me home
My insurance agent says every tow from your insurance co shows up like a wreck or other claim. Penalizes you on renewal or shopping other insurance companies.

AAA towing does not.

Good, Bad, Ugly?
Anybody use them?
I am considering signing up with them. I cancelled previous service or rather "no service".
I am no longer in condition to handle breakdown problems, changing tires, etc.
Thanks,
Jim
Definitely worth it. Not only do they roll but will unlock your car, jump it off or bring you gas if you run out.
Like others have mentioned, sometimes they will take a couple hours to get there but it’s paid for itself many times with me.
The towing is contracted out to local guys and if they can get a regular tow and make more money you get pushed down the list. But, really worth it.
I travel for business and get the premium membership. Costs a little more but They will tow you up to something like 100 miles(double check my numbers). I even used that once to get me all the way to Jacksonville. Driver wasn’t happy but I didn’t GAS…that’s where I had to get to find a decent mechanic.

I have GEICO and rely entirely on them to handle breakdowns or tows. GEICO calls a local provider. I have been on the phone with the tow company who was also a AAA provider. They indicated they gave 1st and highest priority to the AAA, because of the pay/reward structure.

Back
Top Bottom