• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

AAC and Palmetto State Armory

PSA is too big to be detail oriented, I suspect they will glean the most popular and easiest to produce of the current AAC lineup and figure a way to lower the build cost.

The heartbeat of Brittingham's (AAC) quality and innovation will be no more (just as it hasn't been since Remington) but WILL now live on in Q :thumb:
Until Q goes out of business or something happens!

I'm still around doing machining. Mike Smith is still around in Alpharetta somewhere. Saligoe is still in Winder doing fabrication. There's still a handful of employees at Bergara or floating around in Atlanta somewhere. Most everyone didn't go to Alabama.

Me and Mike Smith still have all the prints for everything AAC ever made, well my data is up until they moved to Huntsville. So if someone does need something and PSA is zero help, I'm sure we could manage something.

Heck, I just did a Form 1 can in .223 but with old Titan tubing and Saligoe welded up the outer tube for me since I have zero titanium experience.

Machined versions of the normal 60* clipped cone baffles, nothing fancy. I welded the stainless parts.

125508411_10105485879310913_4333771642361746819_o.jpg

I like Q as well they're definitely one of the top companies currently. But AAC was just as big and a local company 10ish years ago. Just looking for any thoughts to what's going on happen to AAC
I still love my SDN6....awesome platform. I sent it back to AAC two years ago for decorating and maintenance...looks brand new again. I also bought two additional 51T breaks. I'm glad I did it before the end.

I'm still around doing machining. Mike Smith is still around in Alpharetta somewhere. Saligoe is still in Winder doing fabrication. There's still a handful of employees at Bergara or floating around in Atlanta somewhere. Most everyone didn't go to Alabama.

Me and Mike Smith still have all the prints for everything AAC ever made, well my data is up until they moved to Huntsville. So if someone does need something and PSA is zero help, I'm sure we could manage something.

Heck, I just did a Form 1 can in .223 but with old Titan tubing and Saligoe welded up the outer tube for me since I have zero titanium experience.

Machined versions of the normal 60* clipped cone baffles, nothing fancy. I welded the stainless parts.

125508411_10105485879310913_4333771642361746819_o.jpg
I am in touch with Mike through another forum. He's doing well at DeadAir,. says it's a good fit for him.

As alluded to in these posts, what happens to AAC will be up to who is around to run it. When AAC was sold to Remington and they moved to Huntsville, almost no one went along with the move and they really lost their "mojo". I've seen it in other industries where a company is bought out and then moved, and none of the "core" people moved along with it and the brand/company went to ****. It's the enthusiasts that make a company what it is, and they tend to land somewhere else and start things again. Bean counters don't get it.

There's enough stuff out there from AAC that I would assume that there's decent support for "legacy" products, and hopefully PSA does something with the brand instead of letting it languish.

There's some good talent around the ATL area, you would think they would tap into it.

PSA created a forum, and AAC was the first topic, bunch of jerksView attachment 3211136
You mean PSA won't warranty and fix someone else's work? I'm shocked... not.
I figured my AAC cans weren't warrantied once Remington bought them. Mounts started to get harder to find and now are next to impossible. That's why all of my new cans will be direct thread.

You mean PSA won't warranty and fix someone else's work? I'm shocked... not.
I figured my PSA cans weren't warrantied once Remington bought them. Mounts started to get harder to find and now are next to impossible. That's why all of my new cans will be direct thread.
I've got an older AAC can for a 22LR.....from the company that was here in Georgia, I think. It supposedly had a cerakote paint job on it's titanium tube and mount but the first time I went to clean it, the whole paint job started rubbing off just like it had only been dipped in carbon powder......I didn't use any solvents in cleaning....I ended up repainting/respraying it with hi temp LCW Duracoat.

Back
Top Bottom