• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

AAC Customer Service/Don’t Buy

Cody2007

Default rank <400 posts Supporter
Survivalist
33   0
Reaction score
So back in 2019 I decided to take the plunge and buy my first suppressor. Went on SilencerShop and boom next thing you know I’m in atf limbo waiting on my AAC M4-2000. Finally got my hands on it in March 2020 and everything was great for a while.
28B904A4-F29C-4705-84D1-0F8C7E86DE33.jpeg

So fast forward to sometime in summer of 2021 and I notice that the can is actually loose after firing, and after tinkering with it for a little while I come to find out the ratchet teeth and spring are worn out on the suppressor itself. This is not something you can easily repair yourself because at the time you couldn’t find those parts. Also during that time AAC was out of business because they were part of the Remington group fiasco, someone probably has way better info on that than me, bottom line they were not in operation.

Sometime in early 2022 they were bought by another company and went back in operation. I sent them an email yesterday through their website and did receive a quick response however it was not the one I was looking for.
0BFC8C32-CA1F-4807-9728-345D7E8CC7B7.jpeg

So now they basically say they will fix it $100 plus shipping. Pretty disappointing. You’d think they would have a lifetime warranty. Bottom line is I wouldn’t recommend an aac can at this point. Most ppl have probably moved on from them by now anyways but just wanted to let y’all know. I am still debating on sending the can back for repair even though I have other suppressors now I’d still like to have this one 100%. Not sure. Just wanted to vent! Haha

I get what your saying but if you like the can and have used it a lot I'd say it's worth getting it repaired for the $100+ compared to the cost of a new one + $200 tax stamp + the wait.
Yeah that’s why I’m on the fence about the repair. Like I said I have other cans now so the aac doesn’t get used much. If it was mt only can I’d definitely be sending it in. I also ran across a post somewhere about a machinist somewhere that was taking the aac and threading them to accept the dead air key mo system which is probably the best option.

Reactions: MBC
Yeah that’s why I’m on the fence about the repair. Like I said I have other cans now so the aac doesn’t get used much. If it was mt only can I’d definitely be sending it in. I also ran across a post somewhere about a machinist somewhere that was taking the aac and threading them to accept the dead air key mo system which is probably the best option.
Yes. ECCO Machine. I believe in Colorado. Send it to them and get a better mounting system because it is a good can.

Sent him an email a year ago and still haven’t heard back

Back
Top Bottom