• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

AAC Cyclone baffles are loose?

Aaron Smith

Default rank <300 posts
Tracker
54   0
Reaction score
Hopefully someone can help me with this. I have an AAC cyclone .30 Cal silencer that I purchased a few years ago. Just the other day after shooting around 100 RDS through it I noticed after it had cooled down that it rattled very badly. The first baffle (closest to the barrel) is very loose it will slide up and down a little bit and maybe 2-3 mm side to side. There is no visible damage like a baffle strike or anything like that it just looks like maybe a spot weld or something that attaches it has come loose. I called AAC on the phone and the guy told me that this was normal and ok. It wasn't like this when I purchased it and now I am scared of getting a baffle strike when I shoot in which case they will surely not honor the warranty. Should I just ship it to them anyways?

I’d send an email with your concerns. If they reply that the can is still good to go, then your warranty is covered in case of a baffle strike. Just be glad you bought it from a real suppressor manufacturer, not a hobbyist.

Hopefully someone can help me with this. I have an AAC cyclone .30 Cal silencer that I purchased a few years ago. Just the other day after shooting around 100 RDS through it I noticed after it had cooled down that it rattled very badly. The first baffle (closest to the barrel) is very loose it will slide up and down a little bit and maybe 2-3 mm side to side. There is no visible damage like a baffle strike or anything like that it just looks like maybe a spot weld or something that attaches it has come loose. I called AAC on the phone and the guy told me that this was normal and ok. It wasn't like this when I purchased it and now I am scared of getting a baffle strike when I shoot in which case they will surely not honor the warranty. Should I just ship it to them anyways?

OP, this needs to be fixed at AAC

The first spacer, between the threaded mount and the first baffle, has detached from the core. This allows gas to pressurizes the outer tube. that could cause the outer tube to bulge or even fail (pop)

So please get it fixed they will fix it quickly

Follow up: I sent AAC an email with my concerns and they sent me an RMA and a barcode for shipping. I have not inspected it yet because I missed UPS today but looks like they have sent it back fixed. Whole process took less than two weeks after I shipped. Thanks very much for the advice!

Follow up: I sent AAC an email with my concerns and they sent me an RMA and a barcode for shipping. I have not inspected it yet because I missed UPS today but looks like they have sent it back fixed. Whole process took less than two weeks after I shipped. Thanks very much for the advice!
AAC's warranty is legit. I was worried with the buy out but i had a great customer service experience and repairs done to lnib.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Hey so i have to send my AAC sdn6 back bc of baffle erosion. Who and how did you mail. Havent contacted AAC yet. Did they send straight back to you?

I had a blast baffle come loose on my AAC M4-2000. Shipped it to them and had it fixed and back in my hands within two weeks. Great customer service. I'm glad you got yours fixed.

Back
Top Bottom