• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

AAC/Storm Lake Barrel Chamber Too Tight

Smiley

Default rank <2000 posts
ODT Junkie!
58   0
Reaction score
So,

I ordered an AAC/Storm Lake threaded barrel for my Glock 21. Took it to the range yesterday to test out and the gun wouldn't go into battery. Took the barrel out and tried to drop a round in the chamber, but no go. Thought it might be my reloads but even my HD Federal HST rounds get stuck.

Is this a common problem? Send it back? Have the chamber reamed? What say y'all?

I have their 9mm barrel and had issues with only 2 brands of ammo: BrassMaxx/Tula ammo and Summit's Subsonic ammo. I have no longer purchased any more of either. Foicchi 158gr, CCI and Remington 115 FMJ and Winchester 147 JHP are fine.

Not a common problem, this appears to be a tooling issue. Call them, they will fix it and if you send them your reloads they will open it up a tad to accommodate the typical larger shell.

However, if you are feeling Horny... https://www.theoutdoorstrader.com/threads/bore-horny.237427/#post-1328766

As Horny as I may be, AAC is shipping out a new one and this one is going back to them. I sent this picture and I think they got the point:
IMG_2278.JPG

As Horny as I may be, AAC is shipping out a new one and this one is going back to them. I sent this picture and I think they got the point:
View attachment 1032995
I've had one of those AAC barrels for almost two years. Never had any issues with mine feeding or extracting any ammo. I'm glad they are taking care of yours. Maybe Storm Lake had a bad run?

Back
Top Bottom