• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Abandon Houses

And check the foundation....

52w29sgv8c541.jpg

It would be advantageous to have a the money in order and a real estate attorney that can do the closing quickly before you contact them, or soon after finding out if they are interested. You have a lot of bargaining power if they are interested in selling (I.e. no agent fees, no repairs needed, no more property taxes, all they have to do is sign the closing docs and mail back to the closing attorney, etc).

I'm not a gurus. I'd hate to do this but, every month a county will have auctions on the front court house steeps. Auctioning off real estate that haven't paid property taxes, usually for years. These are usually very run down properties. At least it's something to think about. In times like these it's about the only way I could afford to buy a place
Tough to find a good deal on the courthouse steps. Too many investors, giant corporations, and banks running up the bids. I quit trying

Ga doesn't recognize squatters rights.
There is a difference in tenancy & squatters.
Once they receive mail at the address they are not a squatter they are a tenant .

And squatter tenants have A lot of rights especially with the Covid eviction laws

It’s almost impossible to get them out legally.

For the OP, I’m sure the kids have received many many letters in the mail from investors offering Pennies for the property

I own some land in rural north ga and I get letters and phone calls every week
Usually offering 1/10 to 1/4 of the actual value .

Obviously it works enough for the lowball investors to make a good living .

For the OP : talk to the neighbors .
On any property , abandoned or not , always talk to the neighbors first ,
Just knock on the door and ask if they know anything about the place .
Sometimes
You can learn a lot by doing that

Once they receive mail at the address they are not a squatter they are a tenant .

And squatter tenants have A lot of rights especially with the Covid eviction laws

It’s almost impossible to get them out legally.

For the OP, I’m sure the kids have received many many letters in the mail from investors offering Pennies for the property

I own some land in rural north ga and I get letters and phone calls every week
Usually offering 1/10 to 1/4 of the actual value .

Obviously it works enough for the lowball investors to make a good living .

For the OP : talk to the neighbors .
On any property , abandoned or not , always talk to the neighbors first ,
Just knock on the door and ask if they know anything about the place .
Sometimes
You can learn a lot by doing that
I sold my house in TX 6 years ago and still get calls from people wanting to buy it. My girlfriend gets texts and calls on her cell trying to buy it as well. She lived there for a couple years but was nowhere on the property documents. Crazy.

Back
Top Bottom