• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Abandoned Truck on my property, need suggestions

BCM1323654788

Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
24   0
Reaction score
So the house I bought had several campers, sheds, automobiles, etc in the back, and they got all but one truck out of here. The truck belonged to the son of the woman who sold me the house. She got all of her stuff.

So we sent her a certified letter telling her to remove all of their stuff on the property (with an itemized list that included truck) or it would be removed and disposed of at their expense. She signed for it and I have the signed return receipt I got back in the mail.

I gave them 3 weeks total after we closed to remove the remaining items (first 2 weeks thinking they would take initiative but they didn't, 3rd week I sent the letter). The deadline is up (5-day notice).

I contacted the son about the truck and he texts me back that he sold it to a guy. I asked him for the guy's name and number so I could contact him directly. The son said he just talks to the guy on facebook so he would ride over there and tell him to get it. He called me last night saying they were coming by tonight to get it and would bring a wrecker. I have yet to see them and he didn't respond to my text asking them if they were on their way about 45 mins ago.

So, since the Mother owned the house was it her responsibility to remove the truck or her son's responsibility or the guy who "bought it's" responsibility?

Do I need to send a certified letter to her son as well?

Do I need to keep pursuing the "owner's" contact info and send him a certified letter as well?

Hopefully, someone knows the law and can help me out on this one because I just want the piece of **** removed and I don't want any unexpected claims against me being brought up (lean on the title or false claim of embellished value & loss)

I was thinking about stopping by the police station and telling them I just bought the house and something needs to be done, see if they can mark it as illegally parked and tow the s.o.b.

I feel like I'm being set up since they won't just come out and say, please just scrap the piece of crap! Also, everyone I talk to isn't the owner!

I'd appreciate any help, thanks!

Need to file abandonment report with local authorities and also run an ad in local paper for a few weeks about it being abandoned. After a specific time frame, it's considered yours and can do what you wish. Local PD should be able to advise of proper steps to follow or one of our local attorneys here can chime in as well.

Back
Top Bottom