• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Abandoned Truck on my property, need suggestions

Dealt with this before. A legit wrecker service can take it away. That way you are in the clear. They know all the ins and outs of abandoned vehicles.
Another route and this is only of it was a decent vehicle would
be to get a T22 form from the tag office. Then have a local cop come fill out the form and run the VIN to see if it's listed as stolen. If not then take the form to an insurance agency and pay for a title bond. Take all those forms back to the tag office let the ladies there file them for you and in a month or three it's your vehicle. But as I said that's only of it was a decent vehicle with some kind of value.

Dealt with this before. A legit wrecker service can take it away. That way you are in the clear. They know all the ins and outs of abandoned vehicles.
Another route and this is only of it was a decent vehicle would
be to get a T22 form from the tag office. Then have a local cop come fill out the form and run the VIN to see if it's listed as stolen. If not then take the form to an insurance agency and pay for a title bond. Take all those forms back to the tag office let the ladies there file them for you and in a month or three it's your vehicle. But as I said that's only of it was a decent vehicle with some kind of value.

Yea it was a rag, not worth much more than scrap value. Decided to let a known wrecker service that as you say "knows the ins and outs" take it away without me having to be responsible for any loss. Glad it is gone!

Yea it was a rag, not worth much more than scrap value. Decided to let a known wrecker service that as you say "knows the ins and outs" take it away without me having to be responsible for any loss. Glad it is gone!
Most likely your best move. A few years back I knew a D bag in Elko ( rural Houston County GA) who went to jail for scamming older folks out of their old pre 85 vehicles. It was easier when they didn't need titles. Anyway when he got locked up there was a 76 Corvette and an 86 Trooper sitting in the yard. His wife didn't know what to do or who they belonged to. So we told her to call any wrecker service in Houston Co and they would pick them up in a hurry which they did.

Put it out on the street. If it’s not got current registration it’ be towed pretty quickly. If you contact the police they have your information.

No sorry officer. I don’t know anything about that truck. The people who moved out took all their stuff weeks ago.
yup.i would have put a chain to it and left it IN the road--- the day I moved in lol

Back
Top Bottom