• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Academy fires employee who stopped gun thief

Maybe we need to boycott Academy, look what sportsmens boycott of Dicks is doing to them. This guy is a hero and should be treated as such. I am sick and tired of thugs stealings things. He is probably a gang member. Personally gang members need to be labeled as domestic terrorists and dealt with accordingly!!!
I read an article about two weeks ago saying the Dicks was making more money after them pulling firearms.
So...

And what if that stolen firearm ends up at a crime scene of a family member or a friend, where the gun was used to shoot or murder said family member or friend?
Now I believe that would be some "skin off your butt"! How would you now feel about just letting someone steal anything, including a weapon?

Were they paying him to be a security guard and maybe the gun that got stolen would end up shooting the owner that made that rule or the guy that fired him .

When I was a teen I was employed by Food World in Mobile, Al. We had an assistant manager who worked nights and loved to go hands on with the beer, meat, and tobacco thieves. Almost every night he would tackle and detain someone, he also liked when they tried to run.
My how times have changed.

I get the "no hands" policy. You don't want an employee grabbing someone trying to lift a pack of gum and them getting "injured and traumatized" and suing for millions. But the guy was stealing a gun and ammo for crying out loud. This is the problem with "zero tolerance" policies. It eliminates the last remnants of common sense that society hasn't already squashed. I hope he sues, and I hope he wins, big.

Back
Top Bottom