• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Academy fires employee who stopped gun thief

About the same as the QT employee that sold a man 5 gallons of gas, which he burned a house with a family of six while they slept?:thumb:

Personally I will never feel responsible for other's actions, but that's just me.:becky:

No, it's not the same. When was the last time you filled out a Federal Form to buy 5 gal gas?

Back in 90’s my brother worked for Home Depot in Tallahassee, FL. and they had a very similiar policy and also would not prosecute shoplifters. One day an employee tried to stop a guy from loading up his truck with chainsaws that were stacked outside and he got fired. After that the employees said **** it, if that’s what Home Depot wants then so be it.

Word got out on the street and the number one stolen items became 30 gallon hot water heaters and power tools. Contractors that were building apartments would send the workers in, load up a dolly and walk right out and nobody said a word.

I remember when this happened. I sold all my Home Depot stock the next week.

I'm hoping that this guy gets a much better job due to the publicity he is receiving. Unemployment rate is low so I'm sure some right minded business owner will hire him.
That’s what I’m hoping too.

Not to sound like a dick because I respect anybody working ANY honest job, but I kinda wonder how he was supporting a family working at Academy anyway. I guess maybe his wife was working too.

They evidently didn’t have much in savings since they’re having to sell their house.

But yeah, I hope somebody gives the guy a damn good job making twice what he was making at Academy.

Maybe we need to boycott Academy, look what sportsmens boycott of Dicks is doing to them. This guy is a hero and should be treated as such. I am sick and tired of thugs stealings things. He is probably a gang member. Personally gang members need to be labeled as domestic terrorists and dealt with accordingly!!!
I would just about garauntee he was gang related, had already stolen 2 guns earlier from a pawn shop... you know he was getting them for him and his homies. Seems like nowadays criminals, perverts,and the just plain twisted have more rights and protections than your average God fearing ,gun toting American.

I would just about garauntee he was gang related, had already stolen 2 guns earlier from a pawn shop... you know he was getting them for him and his homies. Seems like nowadays criminals, perverts,and the just plain twisted have more rights and protections than your average God fearing ,gun toting American.

Stealing guns is not like other kinds of shoplifting from a store.
Such guns are almost always fed into the black market for criminals and crazies to obtain anonymously and without any background check. Those are were a lot of "crime guns" come from. It's good public safety policy to chase, engage, and if necessary kill the robber of guns from an FFL dealership. I'd like to see deadly force approved whenever it appears necessary to stop the thief from getting away with those guns.

Back
Top Bottom