• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Academy fires employee who stopped gun thief

Amen... and it’s only going to get worse.
This know also,that in the last days perilous times shall come.For men shall be lovers of their own selves,covetous,boasters,proud,blasphemers,disobedient to parents,unthankful,unholy,Without natural affection,trucebreakers,false accusers,incontinent,fierce,despisers of those that are good,traitors,heady,high-minded,lovers of pleasure more than lovers of God,Having a form of godliness,but denying the power of it; from such turn away. 2 Timothy 3:1-5

That’s what I’m hoping too.

Not to sound like a dick because I respect anybody working ANY honest job, but I kinda wonder how he was supporting a family working at Academy anyway. I guess maybe his wife was working too.

They evidently didn’t have much in savings since they’re having to sell their house.

But yeah, I hope somebody gives the guy a damn good job making twice what he was making at Academy.
I was thinking the same thing. Hopefully this was a wake up call and the guy will get on a much better career path.

Stealing guns is not like other kinds of shoplifting from a store.
Such guns are almost always fed into the black market for criminals and crazies to obtain anonymously and without any background check. Those are were a lot of "crime guns" come from. It's good public safety policy to chase, engage, and if necessary kill the robber of guns from an FFL dealership. I'd like to see deadly force approved whenever it appears necessary to stop the thief from getting away with those guns.
BATF needs to go after Academy for allowing someone to leave their FFL location without filling out the forms!
F**K not paying for it, he didn't follow the law and they allowed/encouraged it.

But what can he sue for? Flo-rida is a right to work state and he clearly violated the terms of his employeement, however irrational they may be. Even his lawyer in the article didn't mention a suit.

Yeah, always found the name “right to work” interesting as it actually means you don’t have a RIGHT to work.

Either way dude should get a raise but in stead he gets the boot because of company risk assessment and “Right to work” :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, always found the name “right to work” interesting as it actually means you don’t have a RIGHT to work.

Either way dude should get a raise but in stead he gets the boot because of company risk assessment and “Right to work” :(

Means "right to work whether or not you are part of a union". In some places, unions can prevent someone who isn't a union member from working. But, yes, confusing term.

I'm entirely in favor of everyone being free to have whatever commercial relationship they want (or no commercial relationship), limited only by previously agreed to contracts.

If Academy doesn't want him, that's their business and their choice. Our business, as consumers, is to remind them how shortsighted their thinking is.

The appropriate punishment would have been a formal reprimand and maybe a short suspension, if they are worried about their policies not being respected.

Back
Top Bottom