• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Accident

Didn't work. My father was ww2 vet and my brother is retired Army. His son works at USAA corporate and I still couldn't get in .AND I already have a joint account with my brother through them for a rental house we own together and still no go. :mmph:
If one of them has coverage with USAA their should be no probem

Don't let your insurance deal with this. The only way your insurance company will "deal with this " is if you have collision. That will at least cost you your deductible. and will be on your record as an accident. It will not be an "at fault" accident, but it will be there.

I have been through this personally and professionally, and I will tell you how to address the situation. It is a little tedious but won't cost you anything other than some postage.

Draft a letter to the ins. co. and state that despite repeated demands, they have refused to adjust an accident clearly caused by their insured. Make a reference to the copy of the police report which you are enclosing.. Tell them they have 10 days from the receipt of the letter to adjust the claim or you will be filing suit against their insured. Tell them that if you need to file a proof of claim send you one by return mail. (This is important if they claim you never filed a Proof of Claim.(If you want to get really fancy, enclose a copy of the complaint you have already prepared.)

Send this letter certified mail, returned receipt requested to the company. If you know how, try to find out who is their registered agent in Georgia and send one to it, CCM-RRR. Send a copy to the insured for sure, CCM-RRR. Send a copy to the ins. comm.

The fact of the matter is if you file a claim even in small claims court, the ins. co. is on the hook for a defense (lawyer), and that is real money out of their pocket.

Saying that their insured has not contacted them is pure and total BS. If that were the case no one would ever report an accident. Threatening them with litigation hits them in a weak spot.

As a footnote, if you file a suit against any insured person, and make sure the insurance company is aware of the lawsuit, the ins. co. is on the hook for the costs of defense and paying any judgment you might receive. even if the insured has crawled into a hole and pulled it in on top of himself. The costs of defense (paying the lawyers) is real money out of their pocket. When they pay a claim to an insured claimant it's not real money because the companies swap out claims against each other's insureds.

Back
Top Bottom