• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Accidental Discharge While Waiting In Line At RK Gun Show

Status
Not open for further replies.
Officer I struck up a conversation with said the guy had a 5 round D/A revolver in his pocket. Guy thought that he had emptied the cylinder, but there was one round in it. He was fishing out of his pocket, it goes off, and grazes a guy next to him on the ass. The guy was not injured. They brought them inside, the guy refused treatment, and did not press charges. Said the guy that was grazed couldn't have been more understanding. The A/D guy was kicked off the property.

That dude got lucky, or blessed, however you want to look at it.

Retardation aside, this is why I don't pull the trigger to "decock" my striker-fired guns after clearing them. Pulling the trigger without intending to fire is a terrible, terrible practice.

How many guys had Accidental Discharge in there pants when that happened and are walking around the gun show that way.
Funny.jpg

How does one "accidently" fire a revolver or any firearm? That was no accident, it was stupidity and ignorance all wrapped up into one dummy. Check and re-check, everything is loaded until you inspect it. A simple count of what he removed from the revolver would have prevented this completely avoidable situation. My kids have never accidently discharged a weapon, they know the rules and follow them. The sad thing is that guy is probably the "gun expert" in his own circle. Just happy to hear no one was hurt from what was a completely avoidable shooting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom