• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Accidental Discharge While Waiting In Line At RK Gun Show

Status
Not open for further replies.
Krag is gone off Gunboards to a new home in CA! I had a few Garands that I was trying to sell to fund the M1941 Johnson I got recently and the 2 Lee Enfields.

I had a guy walk up to me and said he should have waited since I was selling mine for $850 and he bought one last week for $1,200!

Ouch.

So you had a table?

Me, nah just waling around.

Saw a Winchester carbine for $900 but didn't see any barrel markings not even the W and I already have one but that's about market rate for a Winchester.

Saw a nice Saginaw SG for $1,000 and one table had 3 Carbines for $899 one was an Underwood and the other was an IBM and I think the Inland was about $750ish all retail prices.

See the same $1,100 up to $2,200 Garands that I see every show, Never see those guys sell any.

Best deals are private sellers.

Me, nah just waling around.

Saw a Winchester carbine for $900 but didn't see any barrel markings not even the W and I already have one but that's about market rate for a Winchester.

Saw a nice Saginaw SG for $1,000 and one table had 3 Carbines for $899 one was an Underwood and the other was an IBM and I think the Inland was about $750ish all retail prices.

See the same $1,100 up to $2,200 Garands that I see every show, Never see those guys sell any.

Best deals are private sellers.
I believe those guys are there to "buy" since I have seen them push customers out of the way so they could get out from behind their tables to intercept a "walker."

Watched a "negligent discharge" happen right by me at a gun show in Jacksonville, FL a couple years back. Standing in line waiting to get in when a guy in a Chevy Blazer pulls up and parks. He proceeds to get out, pulls his carry weapon off his hip, dumps his mag, aims his weapon at the floorboard and cranks one off scaring anyone who isn't watching this happen. Guy was so embarrassed he hopped back in and took off!!!

Yeah have seen them flip a carbine they bought for $700 up to $950, Murica.

That winchester did have a very tiny w on the barrel I asked the guy if it was a commercial barrel then he pointed it out to me. but it was still missing the bayonet lug and the top hand guard was loose as hell. I offered him 700.00 haha the look on his face was as if he wished I was the one that had been shot.

Flippen is cool with me. I really don't have problem with it.

What I DO have a problem with is when they rush out from behind the table, chase you down asking, "What you got there on your shoulder? Are you sellin' it? What is it?" Like they don't have any idea what a Russian Capture re-dip looks like from 25 yards away. Feigned ignorance by a "dealer" is disingenuous at best, down right douchebaggery at worst.

Flippen is cool with me. I really don't have problem with it.

What I DO have a problem with is when they rush out from behind the table, chase you down asking, "What you got there on your shoulder? Are you sellin' it? What is it?" Like they don't have any idea what a Russian Capture re-dip looks like from 25 yards away. Feigned ignorance by a "dealer" is disingenuous at best, down right douchebaggery at worst.

I watched a young man with his Mom almost buy a 1915 No 1 MkIII w bayonet the private seller was asking $700 for. When he finally ut it down I went up to them and said I just got one on Gunboards for MUCH less.

Watched a "negligent discharge" happen right by me at a gun show in Jacksonville, FL a couple years back. Standing in line waiting to get in when a guy in a Chevy Blazer pulls up and parks. He proceeds to get out, pulls his carry weapon off his hip, dumps his mag, aims his weapon at the floorboard and cranks one off scaring anyone who isn't watching this happen. Guy was so embarrassed he hopped back in and took off!!!
I heard about that when I attended that show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom