• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Accuracy and 223 from an AR platform brass question

The case neck doesnt matter then? Why does my poi change when I change neck tension? What if all cases had the same volume but different neck thickness or out of round necks?
It def matters just not nearly as much as volume. Caveat being I am making the assumption that anyone who reloads will be somewhat competent and sort brass to some extent… (condition, weight, volume) That being said I should not assume!

Case weight, neck thickness,uniform primer pocket

RL15 to start with. Sierra matchkings

Basic elements for highpower matches with the AR. Good place to start. Tons of known highpower match loads out there.

Get your brass weight the same, use bench rest primers, powder weight the same,make your over all length, as close to the riffling as u can and the weapon still cycle.. and by all means put a 2 stage trigger in maybe a Geisel, make sure the crimp is what the round needs

Get your brass weight the same, use bench rest primers, powder weight the same,make your over all length, as close to the riffling as u can and the weapon still cycle.. and by all means put a 2 stage trigger in maybe a Geisel, make sure the crimp is what the round needs
Something I forgot to mention, if the extractor has torn the brass out fix it or use that 1 for plinking

Back
Top Bottom