• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Accuracy goal?

pistolpat

Default rank <3500 posts
ODT Junkie!
52   0
Reaction score
im working on getting my 300 blackout load right for my 8.5 inch SBR. I have been testing loads at 50 yards and so far my best group is 1.75 inches what would be a satisfactory group for subs at 50 yards?

The
Looks like your right on the money...that’s about what I get out of my 8.5 300BLK at 50yds.
I think the only thing that bothers me is I have shot some factory ammo about one inch maybe a little smaller so mentally I’m telling myself that my reloads should do the same if not better lol

The

I think the only thing that bothers me is I have shot some factory ammo about one inch maybe a little smaller so mentally I’m telling myself that my reloads should do the same if not better lol
If I was getting an inch from factory loads I wouldn't be happy with an inch and 3/4 from my reloads.

The

I do great with supers and shoot under an inch with 110gr amax pushed with H110. Subs on the other hand...I had to work with different powders, bullets, primers to get reliable functioning. That left me with about 1.5moa; but for what it is "a fun gun", I'm happy.

It's hard for me to accept that accuracy since I always strive for sub MOA with my reloads. One day I may work on it.

Back
Top Bottom