• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Accurate enough 308

Just my experience but I own a NM M-1a and a Armalite AR-10. Hands down the AR is more accurate. After several years of experimenting I am still searching for the best load and bullet for the M1 whereas my AR seems to shoot everything well. No scientific evidence just the results I've had

I built a 1,800 dollar AR10 in 308. Now granted I used the best of everything but you could get by with a little less on a build. The key to my accuracy was the Ranier Arms barrel. I lucked out and got a Shilen blank and it's a true tack driver. I am not just saying that to exaggerate its accuracy. I will literally drive a tack at 100 yards. I have shot many groups that are one jagged hole and that's with an inexpensive Bushnell scope. I used that scope because the build tapped me out financially. i have yet to put a really good scope on it just because this scope is so freaking accurate and other builds are absorbing my play money. I have used Rainier Arms barrels many times and I have never been disappointed accuracy wise. They are always on the money. Use one of their barrels and a damn good bolt carrier group and you will have one of the most accurate guns you have ever owned. I us e the ultra match barrels and they deliver every time without a doubt. Don't quote me on this but I believe it shot .375 MOA or somewhere real close to that. It shot under .50 MOA at 200. Simply put Rainier ultra match barrels do not play. They are legit in every way. Build a Ar10 and use one of their barrels and you will not be disappointed. PERIOD!

Back
Top Bottom