• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Accurate enough 308

This target is at 200. The far shots to the left were zero shots and the one inside the red to the left was me making tiny adjustments. The other shots were 10 rounds in fast succession and not really taking my time. I think they measured just under .50 MOA but keep in mind that was 10 fast shots and not really taking my time to really try and make a solid group. Several bullet went through the same hole.

Attachments

• 1404677697612.jpg
    1404677697612.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 25
The M1A has one drawback. It struggles to get 1.5 MOA

Not necessarily the case, they do vary. I had a NM which shot under 1 moa, and a standard that hovered just around 1 moa. Both at 100 yds with stock sights but an experienced Garand shooter pulling the trigger !

Lame, they should really just stop making those.

Not necessarily, I'm just curious. Usually, the heavier bullets work better at distances in excess of 600yds. Some rifles will run 168's to 1,000yds with stability, some won't.

I've seen some few instances where 168's wouldn't do the job. In all the cases I've seen, they went squirrelly somewhere between 800 and 1,000yds. Never seen it happen with 175's or 178's.
You think that would be the issue on the Scar with the shorter barrel? Probably would need a little heavier bullet at the longer distances?

Back
Top Bottom