• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Accurate enough 308

I've got both M1A and LR308 (DPMS and Adams Arms). With tuning a M1A is a shooting machine; however, not something you can really do yourself. LR308 are like big AR15's and you can change stuff as you want and have the $$$ to do so. Just know that my DPMS ate 2 Weaver scopes shooting it suppressed without a lot of rounds down range. Neither one of these guns are light and they have their own quirks.

You think that would be the issue on the Scar with the shorter barrel? Probably would need a little heavier bullet at the longer distances?

Won't know for sure until you try it, but last student I had with a SCAR17 and 168's crapped out somewhere around 800-850yds. Switched him to 175's, he was back in the game and ringing steel at 1,000yds.

I've owned two AR 10 types and both shot well. Logic says go with an AR 10, but I absolutely love my M1a Loaded and don't have either AR 10 anymore.

M1a.jpg

It shot right around 1 MOA with the right ammo when I got it. After a $100 and a couple of hours with Steve Edwards tuning it up, it now shoots well under a Minute. Most rifles are just tools. These are more than that. At least they are to me.

Back
Top Bottom