• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

ACME "Lipstick" Bullets ?

AlphaMike11

Default rank <400 posts
Survivalist
47   0
Reaction score
Anyone here have any information on the lipstick style bullets from ACME?

1- They are rated at 16 brinell so I wonder if the lead up at low plinking/target velocities.
Has anyone tried this?

2- The manufacturer told me that you cannot run them at high enough velocity in a handgun to have a leading problem.
They said rifle users don't have leading issues at approaching ~2000fps.
Anyone have practical experience to share?

3- Website says the coating is safe for octagonal barrels like glocks.
I'd love to hear ODT users chime in....

4- Accuracy data anyone?

I have used them. No leading at 1,000 fps, whereas I always got some leading with plain hard cast and lubed bullets with the same loading.

ACME bullets are good to go in my book. Pistol. PCC.

I've run the 124's up to 1200fps in my PCC. No issues.

Used them in stock Glock barrels too. A-ok.

Thanks for the input guys.
I bought a box of the 240 gr Keith style with the coating and have been wondering how to load them up.
I'd like a few soft plinkers; but definitely want to load some up to standard magnum velocities.

This is my first experience with coated lead.
It sounds as if they are better than plated, and cheaper too...

Pretty much all I load. I load them in 9 and 38. I have never had an issue. Acme ships quickly and they take pride in their packaging and service. I don't load to the higher ends but have been pleased

image.jpg
My son made a pen holder last year. I enjoy pens and loading so he thought it fit.

Their 9mm 115gr worked great in my Glocks. Also their .44 240g swc, .38 125 gr FP and .38 158 swc worked great also.
Barrels clean well.
Pretty much all I load now.
There are ACME discount codes out there. (The Reloader Dude. Youtube) PM me if you have trouble finding one.

Back
Top Bottom