• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Action Pistol Match at Riverbend Gun Club

Ben123456

Default rank <50 posts
Outdoorsman
5   0
Reaction score
I’ve never shot a comp before and am looking for something fun to get into. Does anybody here shoot Action Pistol at Riverbend? If so what’s some advice before I go on sept 21,2019? What equipment do I need?

You will need a belt, holster, and mag pouches. Each stage is 30 rounds if you don't miss. The more mags the better, I carry at least 60 rounds in mags just in case. The holster needs to hold the gun in a vertical position, no shoulder holsters, or cross draw holsters. We do not draw from the holster, we start at the low ready. Set up starts at 7:30, registration starts at 8:00, safety brief at 9:00. Your entry fee includes lunch after the match and door prizes. Let me know if you have any other questions.

You will need a belt, holster, and mag pouches. Each stage is 30 rounds if you don't miss. The more mags the better, I carry at least 60 rounds in mags just in case. The holster needs to hold the gun in a vertical position, no shoulder holsters, or cross draw holsters. We do not draw from the holster, we start at the low ready. Set up starts at 7:30, registration starts at 8:00, safety brief at 9:00. Your entry fee includes lunch after the match and door prizes. Let me know if you have any other questions.
Do you have any recommendations for mag carriers? And how many total rounds should I bring? And do I register or just show up that day and sign up?

If you don't have enough mag pouches, you can use your pockets. I would bring at least 150 rounds. Registration is done at the match. I would not be too concerned about gear, if you get to the match and need something, There are people that always have extra to loan out.

The RBGC AP is a great intro match. It was the first outdoor match I ever shot way back in 2013 and now I'm a USPSA Grand Master. Draw whatever conclusios you want from that. I don't shoot it all that often anymore, but it's still the match I recommend for any first timer and the one I drag my friends to for their first match. The MD and staff of that match are top notch and will easily get you addicted to competition shooting.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Any current members on here who would sign off on my application? On the website it says you have to have two. :becky:
Go shoot one of the many matches at the club (all are open to the public) and generally you can find members to sign off after you prove you can be safe with a gun. See the calendar at rbgc.org for a schedule.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

It’s a great first match and a good place to get the intros and sign offs from members. Plenty will be there, just ask someone that’s on your squad. I’m sure there will be a few members on there.

Back
Top Bottom