• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

action vs color

I'm going to side with color. Been fishing forever and a day.

Example to support color arguement.

Offshore trolling lures in a 5 spread. Same lure design, size, depth, distance, speed. Only difference is varied colors. Once a certain color gets hit twice...I change all lures to that one color and its game on. I carry a wide array of color patterns in multiple and generally figure it out.

not always to the right degree. how can you make a crankbait wobble?
so lets say your fishing a stick. still color over action?
Yes. Like he said, you can create all kinds of variation in action by how you fish a lure, but if it's the wrong color there's nothing to be done about it.

i cant go for color.
you can put any action you want on a bait if it doesnt look natural
your screwed on big educated fish.
in nature colors of live bait can be different within the same lake, pond, surf, and even the exact same area.
time and again ive caught fish on the un popular color of the day and either caught more of the biggest
of the day. hell, throw 10 of your fave baits and colors out. let them set.
now after they have set all day with no bites, reel them in. you will see color dont mean crap w/o action.
depth, lure, action, then color.

i cant go for color.
you can put any action you want on a bait if it doesnt look natural
your screwed on big educated fish.
in nature colors of live bait can be different within the same lake, pond, surf, and even the exact same area.
time and again ive caught fish on the un popular color of the day and either caught more of the biggest
of the day. hell, throw 10 of your fave baits and colors out. let them set.
now after they have set all day with no bites, reel them in. you will see color dont mean crap w/o action.
depth, lure, action, then color.
Who takes an artificial and just throws it out? The whole point is that you can impart and vary action manually, but you can't change the color of the lure in the water.

Back
Top Bottom