• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

active shooter...what would you do?

Active shooters events are becoming more common these days and many innocent lives are taken by these crazy murderers. Many of us on this site have a ccw. my question is this...if u were to find yourself in an active shooter event and were able to escape quickly yet saw people being slain, would u take the risk and engage the shooter or flee and let police handle when they arrive? or if u are able to get your family out safely, would u go back to engage the shooter or again, leave it to the cops and run the opposite way and leave with your family (with police present not on scene and people being shot by the mad man? thoughts?

Nothing wrong with your questions, but your first sentence is wrong. Gun violence is down.

I also believe peter parkers uncle said it best: "with great power comes great responsibility." Very appropriate for those who carry a gun. So, do we ever think about scenarios and how we would handle having great power (a firearm) and responsibility (how we use it).

I wouldn't leave without my family so there's no reason I'd need to go back...unless there were children or other innocent people in danger. I don't consider "liberals" as being innocent, they made their choice to be victims and try to make me one as well so screw them. Over all my families safety comes first.

I'd only engage the shooter to save family, friends or myself. I'm not a cop so if I shoot and miss the shooter and hit an innocent then I'm in serious trouble. Cops can get away with that I can't. Sorry but that's the truth.

1. I disagree with the premise that active shooters are more common. I'll agree they draw more media attention but do not think they are any more common than they were in the past.

2. Escaping the situation with gun at the ready is a risky proposition considering the swat team doesn't know that your not a bad guy. Hell, the other guy trying to escape with his gun drawn doesn't know your not a bad guy. Safest bet would probably be to find cover and or cover/concealment and "hole" up for the duration while remaining alert and prepared to take a stand.

If I was in a tactically superior position, and I had a big enough beard, and I drank my OJ (Operator Juice) that morning, then I would take any reasonable efforts to stop the attacker.

I wouldnt be able to sleep knowing that I could have stopped a massacre.

Too many variables. If he's not interested in me, turned away gunning someone else down, i'm going to take cover, line up the sights on his torso and put a few into him. MY life is more important than anyone elses (human nature, the will to survive).

If I can draw my weapon unseen, and get a clear shot- yes.
If it's hairier than that- I'm running.

Back
Top Bottom