• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

active shooter...what would you do?

i would try and escape and only shoot if my life or someone elses was in danger

pretty broad topic but i would not try and help the police with a gun fight

If I am with family or friends then probably not engaging, just trying to get to safety. If I was alone and able to get into a position with minimal risk and quite certain success on shot placement then absolutely I would engage. But there are a lot of factors to consider in something like this. Every situation must be handled a little differently..

I'd also hate to be the guy with a gun in hand if the police or another GWL holder decides to start shooting. Especially the police with their modern shoot first ask questions later mentality.

True, i have heard it is down. i will edit the question. i just hear about active shooters more than i think i should. maybe because they make "big news" it makes it seem more prevalent.

That is because the liberal media has a vested interest in keeping the myth alive. It is good for ratings and great for their agenda. Pretentious liberals on this website aside, gun violence, gun homicides, or whatever you want to call it, is way down.

"The new study found U.S. firearm homicides peaked in 1993 at 7.0 deaths per 100,000 people. But by 2010, the rate was 49% lower, and firearm-related violence -- assaults, robberies, sex crimes -- was 75% lower in 2011 than in 1993, the study found."

No idea until in the situation with all the variables. Anyone who gives an answer is obviously just guessing.
However, I'm 100% positive my goal would be for me (and my family if they are present) to be safe when it is all over. If the shooter winds up dead in the process, well.... good.

No idea until in the situation with all the variables. Anyone who gives an answer is obviously just guessing.
However, I'm 100% positive my goal would be for me (and my family if they are present) to be safe when it is all over. If the shooter winds up dead in the process, well.... good.

I think most active shooters are expecting to die, they are just taking others with them. They could save a lot of ammo and just use the first round in their own head.

Back
Top Bottom