• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

active shooter...what would you do?

2. Escaping the situation with gun at the ready is a risky proposition considering the swat team doesn't know that your not a bad guy. Hell, the other guy trying to escape with his gun drawn doesn't know your not a bad guy. .

That the problem with this situation, your dammed either way. Your probably going to get killed by someone!!!!!!!!!!!!Your only out Dead aim quickly and get rid of the piece.

thumbnail_2_fd683510_v5.jpg

I think most active shooters are expecting to die, they are just taking others with them. They could save a lot of ammo and just use the first round in their own head.

About 2 years ago, I had some active shooter training (law enforcement) and the underlying basis for the training seems to agree with your statement. Research that the training was based on has shown that when confronted or cornered, the shooters in these scenarios either give up or take their own life. Obviously there are exceptions to this rule, but this was based on a study done on shooters in schools/public areas and all over the last 20 years.
That said, the training emphasized locating the shooter quickly and confronting him/her immediately. No more of the rally the swat team around the building, sit some coffee, and figure out a proper entry plan (meanwhile more people are being shot). It was a get in quickly and locate the shooter quickly type of training.
Clearly, an armed citizen in the mall (for example) with his/her family faces other issues in that type of decision making. Either way, what we were told was that the shooter never really makes plans to deal with law enforcement or (presumably) armed citizen intervention. Typically they plan to die, be killed, or simply give up, its not often that they put up a fight.

I would close with and destroy the enemy.

bahahaha. Mission of Marine Corps Rifle Squad!!!

"Mission of Marine Corps Rifle Squad is to locate, close with, and destroy the enemy by by fire and maneuver, or repel the enemy assault by fire and close combat, SIR!!!!"

lmao

The safety of my family is my number one priority.

Evade and escape but will destroy the enemy if contact is made. Is that "Operator" enough for you?

Back
Top Bottom