• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

active shooter...what would you do?

I agree. "If" I had ... "If" my wife ... "If" I was ... I think. Don't let that little 9 on your hip lure you into believing you should go commando and engage an active shooter. You have trained all your life to run and hide and fight only if you have too. Go with what you've trained for. All but one response on here so far has ever prepared and trained for a situation like this. Let the Pro's deal with it. Don't become part of the problem. If necessary, God forbid, prepare for "IF" it gets up close and personal.
I agree with you to a extent. But, statistically majority of the "First Responders"/"Pros" that will show up have about the same amount of training as your everyday carrier. I dont think its possible to simulate being shot at with live ammunition unless you've actually been shot at and know what to expect, therefore there really is no such thing as a "Pro". Sure they have a lot of time behind the trigger, but never being shot at just means you have training with shooting at paper.

I agree with you to a extent. But, statistically majority of the "First Responders"/"Pros" that will show up have about the same amount of training as your everyday carrier. I dont think its possible to simulate being shot at with live ammunition unless you've actually been shot at and know what to expect, therefore there really is no such thing as a "Pro". Sure they have a lot of time behind the trigger, but never being shot at just means you have training with shooting at paper.

Training is definitely key. The training that we did that I mentioned earlier was using simunitions. Obviously there is still not a real critical threat while using those rounds, but you don't want to get hit either (doesn't feel great, plus you don't want to be the guy splattered with pink paint).
The scenarios we had varied a lot, but we used a school and had lots of distractions (people running around screaming, people huddled up, lights not working, some doors open, some closed/locked, shooter(s) reacting different ways, etc etc etc), of course in real life there is no SET scenario either. These things are dynamic and the situation can change drastically very quickly.

Last edited:
I would tape a Beretta 92 between my shoulder blades with Christmas tape and go looking for the shooter.

mcclane.jpgOr you could just get the tattoo!

Training is definitely key. The training that we did that I mentioned earlier was using simunitions. Obviously there is still not a real critical threat while using those rounds, but you don't want to get hit either (doesn't feel great, plus you don't want to be the guy splattered with pink paint).
The scenarios we had varied a lot, but we used a school and had lots of distractions (people running around screaming, people huddled up, lights not working, some doors open, some closed/locked, shooter reacting different ways, etc etc etc), of course in real life there is no SET scenario either. These things are dynamic and the situation can change drastically very quickly.
See, now I agree a lot with both of your comments; more so the first on and the part regarding them not preparing for law enforcement or armed citizens. They only want to take what life they can around them and hope to die in the end. No obviously, my statement could be taken out of context so Id like to clarify. I didnt mean I would go running up to the hail of bullets like im Travis Haley and dispatch the shooter with a lone, well placed bullet between the eyes. Taking proper cover and choosing the right time for action would be the best course of action IMHO.

2. Escaping the situation is a risky proposition considering the swat team doesn't know that your not a bad guy.

100% correct. Just ask Daniel Toshs' producer. Never mind, he was killed running out of a building after someone went crazy with a knife inside. Cop thought he was the bad guy and laid him down.

100% correct. Just ask Daniel Toshs' producer. Never mind, he was killed running out of a building after someone went crazy with a knife inside. Cop thought he was the bad guy and laid him down.

That'd be fine too. My wife would go to great lengths to sue the ****ing **** out of those mother ****ers.

See, now I agree a lot with both of your comments; more so the first on and the part regarding them not preparing for law enforcement or armed citizens. They only want to take what life they can around them and hope to die in the end. No obviously, my statement could be taken out of context so Id like to clarify. I didnt mean I would go running up to the hail of bullets like im Travis Haley and dispatch the shooter with a lone, well placed bullet between the eyes. Taking proper cover and choosing the right time for action would be the best course of action IMHO.

Agreed.

Back
Top Bottom