• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Activist killed at police training center site had more than 50 gunshot wounds, autopsy finds

A gunshot / gunpowder residue test is only useful as evidence that somebody did shoot a gun if they are found with this residue on their hands.
But lack of such residue doesn't show that the people have not recently fired a gun because in many cases not enough gunshot residue is deposited on the skin to be picked up in those tests.

Years ago, some police recruits were tested immediately after they left the firing range doing a qualification shoot,
and a lot of them came up "negative" for GSR, although every single one had fired dozens of rounds.

A Scientific test has to be evaluated based on the number of false positives and false negatives. That famous GSR test of a suspected shooter's hands has few false positives, but a lot of false negatives.

A gunshot / gunpowder residue test is only useful as evidence that somebody did shoot a gun if they are found with this residue on their hands.
Actually, it only indicates the possibility they fired a gun. It tests for nitrates, and there are several common items that can give a false positive, most notably any type of common fertilizer.

Calling it "gunpowder residue" is a misnomer - it can be residue of a lot of things, including hot dogs.

Totally fine with me!!! lol
Who is next.gif

Reminds me of the case of Anglio Freeland, who was shot 68 times by FL LEO. The sheriff was asked "why so many times" and his response was "we ran out of ammunition" 110 shots were fired.

The coroner was asked the cause of death, and he replied "natural causes". He was skeptically asked "Natural causes?".

His response was "Yes. when you get shot 68 times, you just naturally tend to die."

So I suspect that Manuel, after shooting a state trooper, died of natural causes, cause when you're shot 57 times you just tend to naturally die.

His momma says he was "brutally gunned down by police." Apparently she never heard about "play stupid games, win stupid prizes."

https://www.ajc.com/news/crime/acti...nds-autopsy-finds/RSL5T2D7WJDXNIULLBL6ZUZADE/
so if someone shoots at you, you respond with only one round?
how about 10 to 20 of us are walking thru the woods, someone shoots one of us. do we draw straws to see who fires back? or do we all draw and stop the threat?
i think the guy shot a cop and everyone responded. thats how it goes, play stupid games, when a lead trophy...
its as bad as the guy who got "eatin' alive " by bugs. now his family is up in arms, ben crump is calling people out, everyone misses their favorite relative.... yet the guy was in jail and none of the family knew he was there, until he died... the guy had mental problems, his family should have known where he was..
but its only time to care, when the cash comes out....
the media and the public need to realize that actions have consequences.....for everyone, not just Trump....

But lack of such residue doesn't show that the people have not recently fired a gun because in many cases not enough gunshot residue is deposited on the skin to be picked up in those tests.

Years ago, some police recruits were tested immediately after they left the firing range doing a qualification shoot,
and a lot of them came up "negative" for GSR, although every single one had fired dozens of rounds.
Yeah, but I sawr it on Law & Order so.......

Back
Top Bottom