• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

adjusting/installing pistol sights

07JKX

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
106   0
Reaction score
so most of my pistols hae the standard dovetail groove for the sights. It is a simple as drifting them with punch to remove/install? or is there a particular tool that would make it easier/less likely to damage the weapon?

If you want to splurge, MGW makes an excellent sight pusher tool for front and rear. Be careful on the front sight as I've seen a few that were snapped by people not being cautious. Do you have a vise to lock the slide in.

I had to have my P238 sights adjusted by a smith, they were tighter than hail. With the sight tool running around $75, its really a lose-lose.

i was just looking at prices of the sight pushers... once a smith installs em... I assume they should be pretty dead on right? If not I assume minor adjustments could be made via nylon punch.

Based on the tools I would need, I think I will just take it to a smith. THanks all

Sig sights generally come out pretty easy with a small hammer and nylon tipped punch. If you're working with night sights, you'll want to use a sight pusher...
Sig sights generally come out pretty easy with a small hammer and nylon tipped punch. If you're working with night sights, you'll want to use a sight pusher...
Thanks NGIB. I'll take mine to a gunsmith too. I have night sights and someone did a poor job of installing. GO NOLES!

Back
Top Bottom