• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Ads with no comment, ver. 32_7

gh1950

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
105   0
Reaction score
i generally skip ads with comments blocked, but I gave in, and looked at one for a gun i was particularly interested in.

Comments blocked.

EXACTLY
one picture of one side of the gun. Handgun. So the poster knows how to take a picture and post in an ad, but is too damn lazy to put even one more picture of the other side.

Then it hit me, that these ads are basically click bait. The poster wants you to PM him asking for more pics, so he can make an off the record deal.

I can't imagine agreeing to buy the gun without seeing more pics, and its has to be easier to post the pics in the ad than respond to a bunch of PM wanting pics.

As much as I'd like to get this gun, implied attitude of the seller re-enforces my practice of passing on ads with blocked comments.

I wish the absentee owner would set it up so postings with blocked comments are flagged, but again I realize everyone is in it for the click count.

I wish the absentee owner would set it up so postings with blocked comments are flagged, but again I realize everyone is in it for the click count.
You don't see this flag?
Locked.png

Sellin stuff on ODT is hit and miss. Sometimes you get a serious buyer 5 minutes after posting. Somethings you get 5 idiots wasting your time. Sometimes you can’t give your stuff away. Sometimes you get to auction it off to the highest bidder.

Back
Top Bottom