• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Adventure/Dual sport bike ridding

kc30121

Default rank <2500 posts
ODT Junkie!
76   1
Reaction score
So I’m into it now and have been ordering a bunch of stuff for my bike(KLR650) and want to maybe hook up with some folk and do some ridding. Yes I know there is probably some groups on Facebook but I don’t do any social media. I found a few groups that have a website but didn’t know if anyone here does any ridding up in the mountains. I just got this KLR650 and have new tires ordered that should be installed in the next week or so. It would be just me right now but another guy at work is getting into also so hopefully by thanksgiving there would be 2 of us.
Any info would be great. Also any info on some must have or cool mods for the KLR’s would be welcomed also. Mainly looking for some descent hand guards now. Haven’t found any I like yet.

Just keep it stock unless you break something on it. I have one too, it's a great bike. Just not a lot of power. I've covered most of the southeast on mine including mountains and river bottoms. Be careful when you get in loose stuff, that bike will remind you real fast of it's 400lb weight. As far as accessories, I've seen side cars on up to diesel kits for these bikes. These machines have literally been all over the world from rainforest, swamps and deserts. The military have even used these in a diesel version. Be safe and enjoy

Back
Top Bottom