• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Adventure Outdoors BOGO on 1911's: FAIL

kpmj

Default rank <1250 posts
ODT Junkie!
0   0
Reaction score
So yesterday some members shared a deal they picked up at Adventure Outdoors: Purchase a Sig 1911 and get a 1911-22 free. Went over there today to take advantage, as the associate is going to get the guns I settled on, another associate comes up saying that deals no good! We can't do it, we got in a lot of trouble by the owner, we're not suppose to be selling them. They got rid of all the ads for it. I'm confused and a little irritated. The two guys are going back and fourth and the guy I've been working with is like I sold two of these yesterday, no one told me anything. So they call another associate on the phone to figure out what's going on. They then tell me, Oh, it seems it's a February special, you have to come back next week.

:mad:

Tha is for sharing your experience with these assholes. I have run into their cheap trick bait and switch stuff before. I swore off AO two years ago, and I'll be damned if they ever see another penny from me.

Horrible store. Horrible ownership. Horrible service. I hope they go out of business.

Right up there with CTD and Dicks on my never again, eat **** and die list!

The only defective gun I've ever bought came from there and they wouldn't do anything to correct the situation. Thank God s&w has good customer service. I was close and stopped in to check it out and my wife liked a revolver that was on sale. 3 hrs back and d fourth the next day to either ttrade it in our get the Smith to fix it and no one would help. Last dollar I'll ever spend there.

I picked up some ammo this morning, the guy at the front asks me what I need and I said .22lr, he said back there if any is left, went back there and there were at least a hundred boxes, wow... and they handed me the 2 for 1 flyer and never mentioned it was for February. Maybe some more training for their employees....

Spread the word everyone!

Some of your friends may not know about this place and their track record. I take each and every opportunity to share my experiences with AO. They are the worst-and I like to think I have scared off more than a little business by telling the truth about how I was treated.

I ran into a similar situation to the OP. I was looking at a used police Glock, and the ****tard behind the counter goes "you have to have the ad." (There was no disclaimer in the ad about that.) Then I went out to the car and got the ad and brought it right back to that idiot. His story changed to "come back next month-that deal is expired." (Once again, nothing in print to that effect.)

I left right then and there. I will never bother with those dishonest assholes ever again. AO is a disgrace to the gun community and to business in general. I never, ever will support people who pull that kind of crap on me. (And I will share my story with anyone who ever mentions they are considering that place.)

I picked up some ammo this morning, the guy at the front asks me what I need and I said .22lr, he said back there if any is left, went back there and there were at least a hundred boxes, wow... and they handed me the 2 for 1 flyer and never mentioned it was for February. Maybe some more training for their employees....

I'm not sure whether there are a couple of rouge employees there, but this kind of problem would be fixed PDQ if mgmt or ownership gave two ****s about their customers. Really doesn't matter-if you think about it. Good stores terminate bad employees. And there are far too many of these stories popping up for this sort of thing to be considered an isolated incident.

Once again, AO can eat it!

Back
Top Bottom