• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Adventure Outdoors in Smyrna

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, like immigration; the FEDS refuse to address the problem so the states are forced to, and Bloomberg is addressing the problem with illegal weapons in NYC that are originating elsewhere, to include Georgia; sounds like a plan to me!!!

Area's of NYC make SW Atlanta appear as a childs play ground!

Sounds like yall are trying to defend a serious problem, just so a few Hambones can get rich!

So Georgia businesses should have to pay for the failings of the federal government at the authority of New York?

I was in SPD this morning and 2 different news stations called for comment...

IIRC there was a lot more to the supposed "straw purchases". If the purchasers were valid, ID, cleared NICS, and checked the box they were buying for themselves. Where was the crime committed under current law? The seller or the purchaser?

I really hope he continues to fight this... I buy a lot of things through AQ/SPD and personally don't want some "court appointed monitor" digging through my purchases. How is that going to work out? "Oh, this guy bought 4 firearms in a week.. we better send BATF and SWAT over there at 3am to check it out!"

If the monitoring is on purchases going forward, sad to say I will stop shopping there. If it goes to prior purchases/all records that is seriously FUBAR!!

Sounds like yall are trying to defend a serious problem, just so a few Hambones can get rich!

So are we going to attack car dealerships everytime some drunk kills someone with his car????

Its more of the same....go after the ones who follow the law but ignore the individuals who break it!!!

Last edited:
^^this.

Unless, of course, they were aware that it actually was a straw purchase. If not, then piss off and go after the guy who sold it out of state.

I think I may know the one thing that may be iffy with adv out. But it may be common practice so I could be wrong

No, like immigration; the FEDS refuse to address the problem so the states are forced to, and Bloomberg is addressing the problem with illegal weapons in NYC that are originating elsewhere, to include Georgia; sounds like a plan to me!!!

Area's of NYC make SW Atlanta appear as a childs play ground!

If NY is in such bad shape they ought to stay up there and work on their own criminals! It's been said a thousand times, guns don't cause crime and kill people, PEOPLE do. If they blow their time and money coming down here making ILLEGAL straw purchases how is that really stopping crime in NY? Hey, they could come by tomorrow and take away every gun in this country and people would just kill each other with knifes, sticks, pipes etc.

They will sell you a fishing license to use as your state ID instead of a DL. That may be common but seemed fishy to me

If they are the root of the problem, so be it; but there is obviously a problem originating in Georgia, wouldn't you say?

It is just about impossible to end straw purchases. Gang bangers will send their girlfriends, husbands will send their wives, hell others will get paid to buy them, appointing a monitor will do nothing to end straw purchasing. Not to mention the way they pulled this off is very shakey as the two individuals in the store appear to be in a relationship or married, so who fills out the ofrm can often be unclear if the firearm is for household usage, not simply an individual.

But I'll agree straw purchases are a problem, just one with little to no solutions without trampling the constitution

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom