• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Adventure Outdoors

Carlos2878

Default rank <100 posts
Hunter
20   0
Reaction score
I noticed on another thread there were several post of people disliking AO.
Me personally? I’ve purchased several guns from them over the years. First when they were across from Old South Barbecue then when they moved to South Cobb Dr and from their newest location. They have never been all that friendly. Here is my opinion. I do my best not to shop there these days. I did buy a 365 from them in 2018 and a Ruger Mk lV a couple of years ago. The guys in the Sig and Glock section are pretty nice. The rest of the store? Not so much. And the range? Total rude. I will not shoot there. I think it must be a prerequisite to be a dick to get a job in there. I shoot at governors and if I have time my favorite range is Appalachian in Jasper. They have a 50 yard range also.
Several years ago I went to AO with cash in hand to buy a FNX 45. The dude showed it to me then said,”If you want it you better buy it. It’s our last one”. I looked at him and said,”Man, I’ve bought guns from y’all for years. My gun safe came from y’all. You know how many times y’all have used those same words to me? Here, keep it”. I drove straight to Cabbalas, paid $25 more for it.
Anyways, I’m sure I’m not going to make a difference to them but, I was wondering what other folks opinions were.

I noticed on another thread there were several post of people disliking AO.
Me personally? I’ve purchased several guns from them over the years. First when they were across from Old South Barbecue then when they moved to South Cobb Dr and from their newest location. They have never been all that friendly. Here is my opinion. I do my best not to shop there these days. I did buy a 365 from them in 2018 and a Ruger Mk lV a couple of years ago. The guys in the Sig and Glock section are pretty nice. The rest of the store? Not so much. And the range? Total rude. I will not shoot there. I think it must be a prerequisite to be a dick to get a job in there. I shoot at governors and if I have time my favorite range is Appalachian in Jasper. They have a 50 yard range also.
Several years ago I went to AO with cash in hand to buy a FNX 45. The dude showed it to me then said,”If you want it you better buy it. It’s our last one”. I looked at him and said,”Man, I’ve bought guns from y’all for years. My gun safe came from y’all. You know how many times y’all have used those same words to me? Here, keep it”. I drove straight to Cabbalas, paid $25 more for it.
Anyways, I’m sure I’m not going to make a difference to them but, I was wondering what other folks opinions were.
Sometime you got to put a MOTHER ****ER IN CHECK! Do that first and the rest is a cakewalk! Get their attention from the start, and it will work it’s way out!

I assume by the attitudes of most people working the gun counter at adventure outdoors, that they earn their money on commission because the place feels like walking into a car dealership to me. I expect that when I buy a car, I despise that when looking at firearms.

I do however sometimes go there to test fit something I am looking at since they have a pretty good selection of different stuff. I look it over get the feel etc...then I hand it back to them and go buy it somewhere else.

Wallaces are good people. Just a small family trying to run what has turned into a big business. Doing pretty well at it too. They do a lot for the gun community, Truth in Nature, FCA,etc etc.. and they are a locally owned business. They keep more inventory than all the chain stores too. They even have some good people working there that have been there a long time.
Aside from all that, everybody knows how hard it is to find good help right now. Cut them some slack they've got it figured out as well as anyone else does and they keep improving.
Last gun I bought in a retail store was from them. They were my Glock distributor too. Always been good to me.

Wallaces are good people. Just a small family trying to run what has turned into a big business. Doing pretty well at it too. They do a lot for the gun community, Truth in Nature, FCA,etc etc.. and they are a locally owned business. They keep more inventory than all the chain stores too. They even have some good people working there that have been there a long time.
Aside from all that, everybody knows how hard it is to find good help right now. Cut them some slack they've got it figured out as well as anyone else does and they keep improving.
Last gun I bought in a retail store was from them. They were my Glock distributor too. Always been good to me.
So what explains the same behavior before Covid.....

Tried to get a part time job there last month. To no avail, since they require everyone to work every Saturday, and that was it for me.

So what explains the same behavior before Covid.....
I've never had a problem there so I'm not real sure. I don't shoot indoors and I don't flip my **** when the people at Walmart want to see my receipts either.
Is it more crowded these days? I get a little higher strung in crowds. Maybe that's whats going on. Also, the owners can't run the place from the floor anymore and you can't be as personal from upstairs. I've ran into the same problems on a smaller scale myself. Customers like talking to guy with his name on the door and employees care less because their name's not on the door.
Hell I don't know man, but they're good people trying to run a business. It's commercial and not personal anymore but that's growth for you.

Back
Top Bottom