• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Advice: Castech heads/ 3rd row

MRM

Army Icon
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
47   0
Reaction score
We are having our third child and want a third row suv.
I have been looking at 2000-2006 tahoe/yukon.
The 706 casting for the 5.3 heads have me concerned.
I have also looked at the sequoia.
04-07.
Feedback?
One tahoe has 4wd and 862 castings.
Anyone well versed in the Castech issue?
So I am now considering the 6.0 vehicles.
I am not familiar with the checkout procedure for 4wd or awd except that the tires should match.
Thanks!

With the third child the wife has to stop working as childcare would be too much money.
The 5.7 would be the way to go.
The timing belts on the 07 is a slight concern.
Price is the reason. Plus I am only looking at clean low mileage ones.
The only 08 I would consider on price is ragged out.

I have a 12 equinox with 48k miles and would be super tight with slim car seats. Plus I hate the direct injection and not being able to do a trans service(and no dipstick).

We have a 2015 4wd Pilot, has the third row and more room in the back than my sister's Tahoe. We like it, but car seats don't fit too well, not enough room in the second row, and have to move front seats forward too much. I like the Sequoia, but way too big for the wife.

I think the tahoe may be smaller than the sequoia. I am not sure, but, I am concerned with her parking anything full size.
The 00-06 gmc, Chevy seem to have a lower hood though.
I am trying to stay at 10k but would spend up to 14-15k
To afford one income, I have to pay off basically all the debt and refinance the house for 30 more years...

We purchased a 2008 Sequoia this year. You can find a decent mileage 08 Sequoia within your price range. The 5.7 has a timing chain and will run hundreds of thousands of miles.

After having a Pilot,4Runner,and Tahoe.....the Sequoia is hands down our favorite. Great room,and has been trouble free.

Reactions: MRM
Forget Tahoe, Get a Suburban. The heads are not that big of an issue. I had an 00 with the bad heads and it only used 1 gallon a month. Never went into the oil, only out the tail pipe. Stay away from the 6.0 on those years, they are oil burners.

If you have any more questions send me a pm and I will answer the best I can.

Reactions: MRM
The old lady would back that suburban into everything!
She hasn't hit anything ever, but, I would be nervous.

I will look again at the 08 sequoia.

Back
Top Bottom